Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I'm getting more bars in my dorm room already. BTW, IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I did a soft reset after 3 failed updates, then ran the updater, and MAGIC, it works. Thanks to all of you who helped. Put it this way, I OWE YOU ONE.... I'm not sure how I can repay, but I will try to somehow. Had a pretty crappy weekend(got my wisdom teeth out Friday, bombed a test this afternoon, and almost missed out on seeing the #1 dj in the world tomorow(but i think i'm still going)).....
    So THANKS
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    ..., and almost missed out on seeing the #1 dj in the world tomorow(but i think i'm still going)).....
    So THANKS
    Who is it - the #1 DJ? And sorry to hear about the test...
    Good to hear David...

ps...I also got mine recovered
    glad to see you got it David..
    Tiesto....... Hopefully meeting him tomorow, and I still look like a chipmunk
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    Tiesto....... Hopefully meeting him tomorow, and I still look like a chipmunk

Cool! I may have seen him in the 90s - but I don't really know. I am from Germany originaly and moved to the US about 8 years ago. Used to go to plenty of clubs and raves over there. Went to the Love Parade in Berlin a few times. But now since I moved here - nada.

Maybe I am getting old. lol

Pretty cool that you get to meet him.
    Everyone...I downloaded and installed the update.....YES!!! The DTMF tone issued is FIXED!

LET'S PARTY!
    Hi Guys, I tried applying the 1.17 cingular update to my cingular phone (which is curently running a ROW firmware) and it doesn't work. I remember that the cingular 1.15 firmware was able to be installed over a ROW firmware. Unfortunately, cingular has removed links to the 1.15 firmware on their website.

Does anyone know how I could get a copy of the 1.15 fimrware? I beleive the filename is Treo_650_Updater_1_15g.zip?

Thank you so much for your help!!
    Ok Cingular Treo 650, Was using latest Row, then used the leaked firmware.
    Cingular 1.17 is out, so i'm working on upgrading to that, before I can do that, I gotta revert to the Cingular Rom.

well i flashed the phone several times, and finally flashing to 1.15 cingular.
    all was going well until it reached 100% (then it goes to the screen where it writes a bunch of things..). well it was doing that then.. an error messages shows saying like error something, with and ok dialog box and bam, screen shuts off.

now it won't turn on, re inserting battery doesn't do anything, pressing reset doesn't do anything, plugging in/out cord doesn't do anything.

is it dead?

I bought this from cingular in June this year, I'm no longer with Cingular (using tmobile). it's a 1 year warranty right? Do I call up cingular and i can get a replacement?

Just called, I think i'm officially screwed. when i called they said cingular doesn't offer warranty on treo or blackberry.. WTF...
    back in august when NO TREO on cingular network could RECEIVE MMS, i was sent a replacement through the mail.

I bought this thing retail price 5/25/05 for $549.99 before taxes too. gawd damn it.

Anyone know anywhere that can repair this?
    Doubt palm will help since this is "cingular" branded and they'd tell me to call cingular, and cingular just said call the manufacturer... grrrrrrr
    Last edited by nXt; 11/21/2005 at 09:03 PM.
    http://palmone.r3h.net/www.palm.com/...ater_1_15g.zip

for the 1.15 update...

but the 1.17 update should work... (you shouldn't need to update to 1.15 then update to 1.17...)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcpa
    Everyone...I downloaded and installed the update.....YES!!! The DTMF tone issued is FIXED!

LET'S PARTY!

Confirmed!!
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Come on, guys. I read all threads about this new ROM and didn't find any good news about improvement. The only exciting news is somebody mentioned in mytreo.net about "no rebooting in 15 mins".

For those who already did the upgrade, please tell us your first impression, thanks.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I have ask what is the CNA version for? I know CNB is cingualr blue and CNG in Cingular orange.

By the way if someone will send me the new phone_XXX app to the 1.17 version i will do the network select hack to it if taylorh doesn't beat me to it.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    Ok Cingular Treo 650, Was using latest Row, then used the leaked firmware.
    Cingular 1.17 is out, so i'm working on upgrading to that, before I can do that, I gotta revert to the Cingular Rom.

well i flashed the phone several times, and finally flashing to 1.15 cingular.
    all was going well until it reached 100% (then it goes to the screen where it writes a bunch of things..). well it was doing that then.. an error messages shows saying like error something, with and ok dialog box and bam, screen shuts off.

now it won't turn on, re inserting battery doesn't do anything, pressing reset doesn't do anything, plugging in/out cord doesn't do anything.

is it dead?

I bought this from cingular in June this year, I'm no longer with Cingular (using tmobile). it's a 1 year warranty right? Do I call up cingular and i can get a replacement?

Just called, I think i'm officially screwed. when i called they said cingular doesn't offer warranty on treo or blackberry.. WTF...
    back in august when NO TREO on cingular network could RECEIVE MMS, i was sent a replacement through the mail.

I bought this thing retail price 5/25/05 for $549.99 before taxes too. gawd damn it.

Anyone know anywhere that can repair this?
    Doubt palm will help since this is "cingular" branded and they'd tell me to call cingular, and cingular just said call the manufacturer... grrrrrrr

It's also the reason I never dare to try the ROM upgrade first. My Treo 650 is also unlocked Cingular using in Tmobile. I know nobody will take care of my treo if it is broken.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I read good news in the current thread. Read it more carefully.
  16.    #96  
    I think the CNA is the alternative way to install it...
    the file even has prc in its name unlike the rest....for those that have problems?
    hmm wanting the new blazer and new versamail since i am unlocked.....any volunteers to shoot them towards me?
    I was finally able to install the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    I think the CNA is the alternative way to install it...
    the file even has prc in its name unlike the rest....for those that have problems?
    hmm wanting the new blazer and new versamail since i am unlocked.....any volunteers to shoot them towards me?
    I can send you the whole rom extrated. Just PM me your email. You can pick the files you want out of it. I am not going to update to 1.17. I am going to wait for the new rom for unlocked users.

I have already updated my firmware to 1.51 though.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    At least one person is reporting that the long dial tone problem has been fixed and the volume is louder. Those two items alone are great news!
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytk36
    I have ask what is the CNA version for? I know CNB is cingualr blue and CNG in Cingular orange.

By the way if someone will send me the new phone_XXX app to the 1.17 version i will do the network select hack to it if taylorh doesn't beat me to it.
    I have this network hack installed with 1.15 and I'm about to update to 1.17. Do I need to remove this before I run the install or will it just overwrite it with the 1.17 version?
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast