Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Shortly after it started the update on the Treo (after it did the hotsync)...I didnt see the exact moment since I was typing on the computer....I just looked down and it was a blank/white screen (that never went away)

It's going much better after the hard reset and try #3....

I just got it up with the new firmware, now I'm syncing it with my backup
    its going really slow, or froze at 2 UPDATE. Say should take 2 minutes has already taken 5 or 6, should I end and restart? Or wait it out. GETTING VERY NERVOUS
    checked to see why the phone was black and realized that it was done. now i have no firmware number, should i soft reset it???? looks like something updated because the screen dim feature was updated
    I went to task manager and killed the installshield update program and started again...
    on the computer screen under status does it say 'static'..
    if it does ... just restart it...
    it says static. so go to task manager, end it, then what? re-sync it? or restart the update
    what does your screen say? or is it blank?
    restart the update.. you'llhave to resync it after that (start from the begining..)
    palm is working normally, i didn't do much i dotn want to mess anything up. Phone was turned off though. Installshield reads static though..
    I wonder if it was because I didn't extract it first, i just ran it from the compressed folder. This time i am exracting it
    I am going to wait until others have updated the firmware before I give it a shot. I am most interested if this update addresses the issue of the long DTMF tones, which prevents me from accessing voicemail messages that require the input of passwords and the like.

Could someone who has updated to 1.17 let me know if this issue has been addressed in this update?

Thank you.
    it probably didnt get to update any files on the treo yet... so just start over...
    when i did it .. after the hotsync it didnt 'notice' the hotsync was done...
    the computer screen said the status was 'static' ...
    so i killed the program and restarted.. everything went well after that...
    Failed, getting nervous...
    fyi...So mine updated on the 3rd Try (after the Hard Reset)...but my hotsync is screwed up from the 2nd Try (the damn updater had issues and left some files in there that the hot sync doesnt like).. Looks like I need to go hunt and peck to delete them before I can restore everything

good luck to the rest of you (you may need it)
    Hotsync ended on the treo, and still on step two with static on computer... I dont want to sound like a n00b, but ya...........
    It took 4 tries but I was able to download the CNG updater.

Ran it and everything went smoothly. All 3P software seems to be back in place and working.

Volume seems better.

All in all, update took 20 minutes with apparantly no issues.

I'll be able to judge better after a day of normal use tommorrow.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    Hotsync ended on the treo, and still on step two with static on computer... I dont want to sound like a n00b, but ya...........

alls i can say is keep trying... sounds like the install program is not
    getting the signal to continue the install after you do the hotsync...
    I still can not download the file.

I don't get it.

It just stops downloading.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I still can not download the file.

I don't get it.

It just stops downloading.
    got an email address? i'll email it to you... i have the "G" version...
    Quote Originally Posted by pgenneken
    got an email address? i'll email it to you... i have the "G" version...
    Sent via PM.

Thanks.
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluetooth finally works properly in my Lexus as it should. Before I had no signal display on Lexus screen and calls would get disconnected when a second call came in....now both work perfectly!!

Update worth every penny it cost for me....and more.

BTW- I also disabled VolumeCare and now calls are very clear and LOUD!
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast