Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Hopefully it resolves the issue where sometimes my Treo turns the phone off on its own, then resets everytime I try to restart it until at one point it starts with the dataconnection on and I can make a phone call.
    Everything working well here. Finished the update...one nervous moment after restoring my last backupman update: I had forgotten to delete the phone_enUS.prc file (the network select hack) and was getting a localization error that wouldn't let me boot. I did a hard reset and did a selective restore. Now I'm up and running. Haven't had a chance to test everything, but my datas back, and the phone is working.
    I hope the blazer is better or faster.
    Thats very comforting... My treo has been at 99% since my last post.... CMON CHARGER!!!!
    you're fine with 99%...go for it
    Blazer is v4.3.2.

Noticed a few changes in the prefs. What was the old version?
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek
    Blazer is v4.3.2.

Noticed a few changes in the prefs. What was the old version?
    my sprint 650 is blazer ver. 4.0

what are the changes?
    ok i am in the process of updating...
    first one didnt go well..
    hotsynced and the install didnt see when it was done...
    screen 2 on the installer show a status of 'static'..
    went to task manager and killed the process and did it again...
    (it didnt get to the point where it loaded anything on the treo..)
    restarted the thing...
    after the initial hoysync the 2nd screen should show
    the names of the files it's updating on the treo...
    after the files update the screen shows the 'congrat' screen.. and says
    it copied all the files...
    then the treo screen shows it's loading files.. or extracting them..
    then the treo reboots (mine rebooted 3 times) then you get the
    setup screen where you tap the screen.. (calibration screen)
    then you do another hotsync to restore your treo...
    (doing that now...)
    4.0 on my gsm unlocked. Is it faster at loading pages?
    The files can be downloaded now. Must have been a lag in the posting.

I just installed the CNG updater for Windows and my initial reaction is........ I can hear other callers much better. Unless I am mistaken this is the end of VolumeCare on my Treo.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl.../cingular.html
    Not positive, because I don't have the old version in front of me, but I don't recall the items "disable auto complete" or "Tap and Drag: Selects text" in the Blazer prefs before.

On another note, there is definitely no Network Select option in the phone app. How long before someone can enable a new Network Select Hack for this FW?
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek
    Not positive, because I don't have the old version in front of me, but I don't recall the items "disable auto complete" or "Tap and Drag: Selects text" in the Blazer prefs before.

On another note, there is definitely no Network Select option in the phone app. How long before someone can enable a new Network Select Hack for this FW?
    those prefs have been there since last november

thanks
  13.    #53  
    uh oh, still no word from davisdog....is he already on the phone with cingular for a replacement?
    Can a firmware error really kill the treo? can't it just be re'firmed' again?
  15.    #55  
    yeah if palm has it and plugs their cable in i beleive....but might have to be plugged somewhere on the board to reflash the chip or even if the chip isn't soldered pulling it and then flashing the chip separately but we can't do it through our pc
    That makes me really scared.....
  17.    #57  
    that is why palm wants it on the treo first, then with the treo charged it runs it...if power goes out it can continue....
    if the computer was used to flash it and the computer crashes, cable comes undone whatever...well it is over...and toast
    well, my install saga continues...My Treo froze in the middle. I ended up doing a soft reset and it came back (still with the old firmware), but I wasnt able to reinstall the new firmware after that....

Now I've done a hardreset and trying it again (fingers crossed)
    Any one yet? I am ready. trying to decide weather to give this one a shot or wait.
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    At what point did you freeze
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast