Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    I do use TakePhone but do not use Call Filter so I'm not sure.

I'll play with TakePhone a bit and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by evildead
    I'll tell you this my phone is working amazing after this update, I was getting the MMnotify crashes alot and now not a crash yet, (knock on wood) and the phone is much faster across the board now.
    I ran the update the evening it came out and have not had a single crash since and my phone has been on 24x7! My Activesync is working flawlessly and my dial toens are much faster and do not have the previous delay. I am VERY happy with the update!
    The keyboard and screen do NOT light up now whenever I lose a signal !!!!!
    Congratulations to Palm on solving ONE of my FOUR issues.
    ~* Peace
    I successfully flashed my 650 without any problems. The only problem so far is when I search or scroll down my contacts (address book), my treo resets every time. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Alex
    What is the differenc between CNG CNB and CNA??
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeskin
    The keyboard and screen do NOT light up now whenever I lose a signal !!!!!
    Congratulations to Palm on solving ONE of my FOUR issues.
    OMG. Finally. That's so annoying to have the thing turn on as it roams back and forth... I hope you're right.
    I have s/w ver 1.15 CNB and f/w ver 1.31 on my Treo 650. This is an AT&T branded piece that came unlocked when I purchased it and am using it on T-MO network. The question I have is, would the phone be locked if I try to upgrade to the newest sw/fw update available on Palm's site? TIA.
    tomvb2000,

spontaneous resets occurred at random times when the phone was just sitting there, nothing to do with initial startup after a reset. I checked the address given with #*377 against the address for the Causerie notification in palm internals amd they were very close. Tried locking Causerie but didn't help. No more apontaneous resets since.

LG...check the address of your error against the notifications in palminternals and see which app notification is closest and it could be the one causing the prob. Do you use verichat?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    PROs: my Cingular Treo 650 no longer resets every several minutes due to memory overlocking bug
    CONs: when the screen is off, it flashes on and off very briefly every 10 seconds or so!!!
  10. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthoward
    now the screen says "cannot find the operation application"
    I got the same thing, so just did a hard reset and installed/ran the updater with a temporary dummy username, then after the update did another hard reset and re-synced with my normal username. Worked for me.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Upgraded F/W to 1.17. so far so good. Seems to be much more stable and perhaps handles memory issues better. I now have 11 mb free RAM with all 3rd party apps moved to SD card. Only difference I have seen so far is that I can run Bejewelled 2 again. Which is weird because b4 I flashed my phone I had the same set up with 10.4 mb free RAM and bejeweled 2 wouldn't run, Bejeweled lite would not run. I had to step back to original bejeweled and only able to run when I had unloaded what ever I was editing in Docs2Go.

3 hours and no crashes or lock ups.
    What a relief! This firmware makes this phone work the way it was supposed to work when I bought it in March of 2005. I'm glad they got it right, but I wish they got it right before releasing it.
    Didn't read the whole thread but this release fixed what the "Volume Care" software fixed. I didn't want to get Volume care since this volume thing was a bug by Palm's operating system. I held out and finally they released a new version that takes care of this low volume headset/speaker problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xthreat
    Didn't read the whole thread but this release fixed what the "Volume Care" software fixed. I didn't want to get Volume care since this volume thing was a bug by Palm's operating system. I held out and finally they released a new version that takes care of this low volume headset/speaker problem.
    Just to set the record straight. See my breakdown in post 215 (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=215). The volume increase is *only* for the handset and the volume increase is only a few decibels and VolumeCare will still give you more volume if you need it. The new ROM does not provide increased volume for the headset, speakerphone, microphone or the volume for 3rd party applications that use the back speaker.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    tomvb2000,

spontaneous resets occurred at random times when the phone was just sitting there, nothing to do with initial startup after a reset. I checked the address given with #*377 against the address for the Causerie notification in palm internals amd they were very close. Tried locking Causerie but didn't help. No more apontaneous resets since.
    That's odd - Resco Locking it solved a similar problem perfectly for me. My symptom was right after a soft reset dbCacheTool did a clear which apparently displaced Causerie invalidating the callback address. As soon as Causerie would try to fire up, the Treo would crash. RLocking it kept it loaded at that address in cache.

I'm glad the spontaneous resets have gone away at least. Hopefully they'll stay away.
    I just noticed that my navigation key requires me to press it several times in some instances to move the cursor. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have had several replacement phones and am worried about doing another warranty replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    Ok Cingular Treo 650, Was using latest Row, then used the leaked firmware.
    Cingular 1.17 is out, so i'm working on upgrading to that, before I can do that, I gotta revert to the Cingular Rom.

well i flashed the phone several times, and finally flashing to 1.15 cingular.
    all was going well until it reached 100% (then it goes to the screen where it writes a bunch of things..). well it was doing that then.. an error messages shows saying like error something, with and ok dialog box and bam, screen shuts off.

now it won't turn on, re inserting battery doesn't do anything, pressing reset doesn't do anything, plugging in/out cord doesn't do anything.

is it dead?

I bought this from cingular in June this year, I'm no longer with Cingular (using tmobile). it's a 1 year warranty right? Do I call up cingular and i can get a replacement?

Just called, I think i'm officially screwed. when i called they said cingular doesn't offer warranty on treo or blackberry.. WTF...
    back in august when NO TREO on cingular network could RECEIVE MMS, i was sent a replacement through the mail.

I bought this thing retail price 5/25/05 for $549.99 before taxes too. gawd damn it.

Anyone know anywhere that can repair this?
    Doubt palm will help since this is "cingular" branded and they'd tell me to call cingular, and cingular just said call the manufacturer... grrrrrrr
    I just had the 1.17 kill my treo, at the end of the update i got an error and shut off, have not been able to get it back on. Did you do anything with your phone?
    Last edited by DAFTEK; 11/30/2005 at 04:24 PM.
    IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO TURN IT BACK ON??? HELP!!!!!!!
    After reading all the problems with the new update, I may wait for the next one! There must be a big bug in this one. They shouldn't use customers as guinea pigs!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It's not really that bad. I waited for a LONG time (stuck with original firmware until last week), and I am liking this one.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51