Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
  1. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Biitchiin Camaro! You're right.
    Sweet
    They fixed all the random send SMS/add contact oddities. No more missing add contact button on new numbers in the call log, and you can send SMS to any number (not just Mobile)
    What happens when you send SMS to a landline?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What happens when you send SMS to a landline?
    It appears to send, but the message just goes to limbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo0107
    There is an "After the Update" link on the download page. This includes a troubleshooting section. In that section there is reference to the Error updating ROM message. Does that fix the issue?
    Cheers. I didn't realize that was actually a link. Saw Docs To Go was a potential conflict, so I removed it, went through the installation process, and it worked fine.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Upgraded to 1.17 with some minor hitches, but now the hotsync says it's missing PalmUpdate05.dll. Anyone else having this problem or can someone send me this file to put in my PalmOne directory?
    did not have that problem.

my phone went into a constant reset loop after the restore. I was able to stop it by disabling profile care adn volume care. I reset. reenabled VC and PC and all is good....so far
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan
    OK finally got a DL that seemingly was working. Trasferred everything to the 650. At the very last step, the Treo puts up an error message that says "Error updating ROM". Treo reverts to the menu screen, and I'm still at 1.15-CNG.

Help anyone?
    This happened to me too. I backed up. did a hard reset / made a new user. did the update. all is good.
    I work w/ Cingular's Data Device team, and just wanted to give you guys all a lil heads up that will greatly help. I don't kno if you guys kno this but palm has set up a special support team that will walk you thru the 1.17 update.
    Please Contact ~~ 866-677-7256
    They will be able to provide most all update support, aside from your 3rd party softwares, as that is your responsibility.
    Anyone else having the same problems with 1.17 as with the old 1.15 and a 2005 RL. Pairs fine but loses connection to phone when answering calls?

Outgoing calls seem to be OK

1.17 adds signal strength but not battery reading.
    First post!

had to join in to share my excitement. The backlight changes the keypad lighting. I am sure that will help with battery life.

This is my second update. Lets hope it helps- i have been pretty frustrated with my treo and Cingular for a while now
    1.17 cng...

Initial problems with mRing and 1.17. Not really sure if it was mRing but when I deleted mRing from my phone, problem was solved.

Problem was that when the phone was powered on, mp3(s) would start playing and then cycle... only way to stop was reset phone--RESET ONLY.

Bluetooth headset features are definitely better.

Haven't gotten very far otherwise.

I'll reinstall mRing and advise.
    I loaded the mRing installer back on my phone, clicked to start the process and the phone crashed... repeated process and the same thing happened. Bummer. Fortunately I was using the trial version.

I've sent a message to Motionapps to the enterprisesales@motionapps.com e-mail address. If anybody has a REAL support e-mail address for these guys, please send me a private message.

Thanks and happy T-day.

More/Correction... downloaded mRing 3.0 from motionapps.com which resolved the issue.
    Last edited by Dogfart; 11/23/2005 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Correction
    Ok, so I don't get it. I've been reading how 1.17 is supposed to improve BT functionality, including volume, along with increasing handset volume to the point where people are ditching VolumeCare. Maybe I'm just plain loco, but I just got done going back to 1.15 because 1.17 actually made my volume levels lower. I'm on the phone with my HBH-660 BT for hours every day, so my ear has gotten pretty used to the volume level. After 1.17, it was noticeably softer. And the speakerphone volume was so low it was now unusable. Anyone else have this experience, or am I just nuts? Like I said, I'm back to 1.15 now and swear the volume levels are better.
  14. igz
    I have an unlocked Cingular 650; i've run the 1.17 CNB updater, and i'm getting out of memory errors.

When I check my versions I get HW:01.51, SW: Treo650-1.04-CNB

Is there any way to upgrade just the software at this point? I've run the palm installer and every time it's the same story.

tx
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead73
    Ok, so I don't get it. I've been reading how 1.17 is supposed to improve BT functionality, including volume, along with increasing handset volume to the point where people are ditching VolumeCare. Maybe I'm just plain loco, but I just got done going back to 1.15 because 1.17 actually made my volume levels lower. I'm on the phone with my HBH-660 BT for hours every day, so my ear has gotten pretty used to the volume level. After 1.17, it was noticeably softer. And the speakerphone volume was so low it was now unusable. Anyone else have this experience, or am I just nuts? Like I said, I'm back to 1.15 now and swear the volume levels are better.
    Here are the facts about the volume changes in 1.17:

1) The volume levels for the handset (the speaker on the Treo that you put to your ear) were raised a few decibels.
    2) Speakerphone volumes were not changed
    3) Headset volume levels were not changed
    4) Microphone volume levels were not changed
    5) Back speaker performance for applications like MP3's and TomTom navigation (to mention only a few) were not changed

VolumeCare will still do the following for you using a Cingular GSM device:

1) Raises the handset Volume many decibels beyond the 1.17 changes.
    2) Does slightly raise the speaker phone Volume on GSM when you are set to the maximum boost and start Volume. (Huge gains are had with CDMA phones)
    3) Does increase the Volume of wired Headsets and correctly handles both mono and stereo headsets
    4) Does increase the broadcast Volume of the built-in Microphone and the headset Microphone.
    5) Does allow the selective increase of Volume for 3rd party applications like MP3's and TomTom
    6) Does allow for the increase of Volume for RingTones

So I know I am not completely impartial in this opinion, but VolumeCare still provides so much value over the stock Treo volume adjustments. So my point is don't ignore the added value of VolumeCare provides to this release of the Cingular ROM. It does so much that Palm has not and will probably never address.

Jeff
    jeffgibson is right.... the handset volume was increased with the upgrade, noticeably so. I was tempted to keep VolumeCare disabled but you begin to miss it tremendously when there is a lot of background noise.

It only took checking voice mail in heavy traffic for me to enable VolumeCare. Without it, I could hear better but still, not good enough.
    Relatively new here. Had the Treo almost 2 weeks, first firmware upgrade (had CNG1.15).

Here's what I did the first few times:
    followed the directions of the updater
    it would hang on step 2 saying "static" every time

After reading this thread, I:
    hard reset
    created new "tempid" user
    hotsynced in the installer and let it go
    it installed everything, but I forgot to take out the SD card, so it got hung up as I was afraid to touch anything (like the directions said)

exited using program manager on windows, retried

For the next few tries I got a mix of "static" and semi-successful attempts which would get all the way to the end and say I was missing a file or it was corrupted.

I thought it worked the last time, but I ended up with the endless reset loop. Hard reset. Tried to restore. All I can do now is sync as "tempid" and use the PDA functions with the phone turned off. Everything else results in a reset loop.

Any suggestions? I was kinda hoping to show off my new toy to the family for Turkey Day.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthoward
    Relatively new here. Had the Treo almost 2 weeks, first firmware upgrade (had CNG1.15).

Here's what I did the first few times:
    followed the directions of the updater
    it would hang on step 2 saying "static" every time

After reading this thread, I:
    hard reset
    created new "tempid" user
    hotsynced in the installer and let it go
    it installed everything, but I forgot to take out the SD card, so it got hung up as I was afraid to touch anything (like the directions said)

exited using program manager on windows, retried

For the next few tries I got a mix of "static" and semi-successful attempts which would get all the way to the end and say I was missing a file or it was corrupted.

I thought it worked the last time, but I ended up with the endless reset loop. Hard reset. Tried to restore. All I can do now is sync as "tempid" and use the PDA functions with the phone turned off. Everything else results in a reset loop.

Any suggestions? I was kinda hoping to show off my new toy to the family for Turkey Day.
    Give it another try, this time you can create another hotsync ID e.g "temp". If you keep forgetting to take out SD card, don't worry, when you are prompt (on the treo screen) do so. It does not harm any to you treo.
    Even after a hard reset, I cannot turn on the phone without it resetting and going to the phone app with the radio off.

The latest time I tried the update, when I hotsynced it gave me an additional error message in the log talking about yearly repeating calendar events in Outlook. So I changed it so that I only sync to Palm Desktop. Still no luck.

At this point I just want to be able to use the phone, and if I have to I'll hit up a Cing store for a replacement tomorrow.
    now the screen says "cannot find the operation application"

could backup buddy be causing problems? I chose "do nothing" in manager, but it still runs on sync
    Last edited by matthoward; 11/24/2005 at 09:56 AM.