Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Before you flame me, I did search everywhere to find other threads on this.

I am considering upgrading to Docs 2 Go 8. I keep reading about lots of re-set problems but nothing in the last few months about it. If there is a current thread on this that will be fine.

If you are using DTG 8 and it works for you, did you move it to your SD card? And did you uset the TechTool or the Built in apps manager?
    Look down a few threads to the one that is titled "PDF support added to Docs to Go"
    What version of DTG are you upgrading from. If you currently have version 7 and don't need PDF support, then save your money. Otherwise, DTG8 is pretty good. You can move it to the card with either the builtin manager or the Tech Tool. The advantage with the Tech Tool is it gives you options to do other things like delete your preferences and stuff like that. One method does not give you more space over another.
    those who paid for the upgrade would say yes, others would say no
    Treoing & Loving it
    I've got the upgrade. It does not seem to be able to open PDFs attached to email messages in Versamail. It did open a PDF when attached to a message in In Box to Go, but I don't like that program otherwise. I'm waiting to hear back from Dataviz support on the issue. Anyone else with v8 having this problem? Any solutions?
    Where do I find the tech tool? I am searching all over their site, but don't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I've got the upgrade. It does not seem to be able to open PDFs attached to email messages in Versamail. It did open a PDF when attached to a message in In Box to Go, but I don't like that program otherwise. I'm waiting to hear back from Dataviz support on the issue. Anyone else with v8 having this problem? Any solutions?
    what if you save the attatchment first, then open it?
    Quote Originally Posted by WMILLER64111
    Where do I find the tech tool? I am searching all over their site, but don't see it.
    http://download.dataviz.com/support/...ataviztech.prc
    I uograded to Rls 8 when it came out & I've actually found it more stable than any prior releases. I used the built in App Mgr to move the sub-apps over to my SD card. all good.
    How is quick office compared to this and do they work with Chatter email as far as opening Word,Excel,etc?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote:

Originally Posted by By: sxtg at Yesterday 10:04 PM

"what if you save the attatchment first, then open it?"

I did not have success using this approach. Each time I attempted to open the PDF through D2G it froze my 650 right up. It was a medium sized 750 kb file.

FWIW, v8 seems quite a bit more stable than v7.006 I used previously. It hardly ever resets anymore. Just can't open up PDF attachments as advertised.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2