1.    #1  
    Hi all, I am one of the luck owners of TREO 600. Actually is my 4 th replacement. I had the problem with speaker buzzing, speaker not working and while my warranty was valid, I managed to get the replacements.
    This time, with no valid warranty, the TREO 600 is acting very strange. The onscreen commands are totally disable, Speaker and microphone also disabled. I have tried all kinds of RESETs described here and nothing.
    Just to give you an idea, when I “hard reset” it, I choose the option to erase all data, then I select the language “English” after that the phone is totally frozen. Nothing you touch or do will get out of that screen.
    The only thing that will have it out of that state is the Reset button + Up Arrow. Then the phone comes to Favorites screen. Now the phone is back working except that you can not use the onscreen commands or the speaker/microphone. So basically it’s useless.

Have someone seen this problem before? My belief is Software problem, since the phone did not suffer any mechanical shock.

Is there a way to reinstall the OS again? Just like we do with Windows (re-format the HD and install a fresh copy)

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgsusa
    Hi all, I am one of the luck owners of TREO 600. Actually is my 4 th replacement. I had the problem with speaker buzzing, speaker not working and while my warranty was valid, I managed to get the replacements.
    This time, with no valid warranty, the TREO 600 is acting very strange. The onscreen commands are totally disable, Speaker and microphone also disabled. I have tried all kinds of RESETs described here and nothing.
    Just to give you an idea, when I “hard reset” it, I choose the option to erase all data, then I select the language “English” after that the phone is totally frozen. Nothing you touch or do will get out of that screen.
    The only thing that will have it out of that state is the Reset button + Up Arrow. Then the phone comes to Favorites screen. Now the phone is back working except that you can not use the onscreen commands or the speaker/microphone. So basically it’s useless.

Have someone seen this problem before? My belief is Software problem, since the phone did not suffer any mechanical shock.

Is there a way to reinstall the OS again? Just like we do with Windows (re-format the HD and install a fresh copy)

Thanks for your help.
    How can you re-install the OS? (I am thinking you want to run the firmware update).

When was the last time you replaced your Treo? If this is within 90 days, inform them this is defective and they still need to replace the unit regardless under warantee.
  3.    #3  
    I was trying to run the firmware update again, when it comes to the point of connecting the Treo to the power supply it freezes again. If I try to run the firmware update with power supply connected, freezes at the moment I connect.

It has been more than 90 days that I had the last replacement.
  4.    #4  
    TREO 600 resuscitation,

Finally, after 1000's of Resets, Hard-Resets, Battery Removal Reset, etc I gave up and left the Treo in a drawer. It completely drained the battery and stayed like this for 2 to 3 days.
    I needed some data from the Palm and for my surprise when I connected the Charger, it beeped.
    Back working just fine since then, unbelievable!
    Glad to hear that you were able to get it back. What you basically when through then you let the battery drain out is the Battery reset which you said you did already. That's wierd.

Were you able to retrieve old data that you were looking for?