1.    #1  
    Hi All,
    I'm am in deep S! My unlocked GSM 650 has put me on the verge of insanity with its instability, etc. Anyways, I decided to do a hard reset and to suffer with absolutely no apps in the hope that I can at least have a very expensive phone and calender (which I'm willing to accept considering all the troubles this thing creates). So I hotsync-hard reset-rename backup folder with 3rd party apps-and hotsync again. My problem is my sync program was set to have phone overwrite desktop (since the phone is usually the most up-to-date). Well, I wiped out my extensive outlook calender. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I might be able to recover this?
    Thanks in advance,
    Frank
    Ewwww, not unless you have a backup of your Outlook PST file...

The Outlooks Post Office File (PST file) contains all your mail, calendar, contact and other Outlook data. If you overwrote it, I dont believe there is an undo command for that. I have done this myself a couple of times. In my case I had a backup of my PST file I could open in Outlook, and copy and paste all my calendar entries into my active PST file and start again.

If you dont already, you should backup your PST file often. It is the single most important file in my computer, since it has all my emails, attachments, calendar, contacts, etc.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I've noticed that when that happens with contacts, they've shown up in deleted items. I don't know if the same happens with calendar.
    If you have an archive folder in Outlook, you should have most of your contacts. Also, if you use Outlook Backup, it will automatically make a backup of your .pst file as often as you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgb11
    I've noticed that when that happens with contacts, they've shown up in deleted items. I don't know if the same happens with calendar.
    That sounds like a good idea - check the deleted items folder to see if you find you calendar events there. If you do not have Outlook configured to empty your trash on exit they should still be there until you manually empty that folder.

If they are there, just highlight them all and move them into your calendar folder.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    It is the single most important file in my computer, since it has all my emails, attachments, calendar, contacts, etc.
    Mine too. So much so that I have it duplicated on another computer, and a current (within a month) backup.
    MS has a utility to back it up automatically.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Man, I love this forum. Thanks a bunch for that link. Something I have been doing manually for YEARS I can now automate. Woohoo!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Your welcome...pretty cool utility. I have clients backup directly to DVD (pre-formatted).
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all the tips. Unfortunately, the deleted items folder had all my contacts but none of my calendar items. I also have an archive which backs things up weekly, but for some reason it didn't back up the calendar only the emails.