1.    #1  
    Well isn't that interesting....a little . more info
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    I think you mean through the Sprint downloads link in the top story... yes, they do that. Actually, all Sprint PDA firmware updates are posted there, same for the Treo 600, and PPC-6600.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
  3.    #3  
    Just seems odd. I've never really trusted getting the firmware updates from Sprint. I barely trust their customer Service reps as it is. I'm curious as to what the connection manager is for though. Is that for connecting with the sync cable attached? I doubt it'd do much good with the BT DUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    Just seems odd. I've never really trusted getting the firmware updates from Sprint. I barely trust their customer Service reps as it is. I'm curious as to what the connection manager is for though. Is that for connecting with the sync cable attached? I doubt it'd do much good with the BT DUN.
    It is really not aimed at devices that are not EV-DO. It should work with them, but it's not necessary and may require a plan change to Sprint's $25 phone-as-modem plan.

The update files from Sprint's site are identical to the ones on Palm's, Sprint has to test and approve them so posting them online at the same time is not a big leap.
    ChristopherPrice.net
  5.    #5  
    hrmmmm. I wonder.....if I don't have the "phone-as-modem" plan, might this prevent my laptop from connecting to my Treo using BTDUN?
    No, non-EV-DO devices (as well as the EV-DO PPC-6700) can be used as a modem without having to switch to that plan. Sprint would like you to switch to that plan, and you may have to if Sprint determines your usage to be "abusive".

The $25 plan includes 40 MB of data, with overages that max out at $70 ($10 less than the $80 aircard plan).
    ChristopherPrice.net