1.    #1  
    When i installed software to my computer from the verizon treo disk there was a version of Windows Media player you could install. I clicked the link and it began to install direct x on my computer. the next thing that happened, i was directed to the microsoft website for download of WMP10 which i already have. I don't get it every time i try to install this program from the disk i get the same series of events and nothing is never uploaded to my treo. anyone able to get WMP working on their treo??? Thanks in advance
    Good luck trying to get MS junk on the PalmOS. Try these players instead:

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about

http://www.mmplayer.com/
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  3.    #3  
    okay, so i have tcpmp on my treo now but when i try to upload files to my treo it still tells me i need to install windows media player. how are you uplading mpeg files to your treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by freakin'geek
    okay, so i have tcpmp on my treo now but when i try to upload files to my treo it still tells me i need to install windows media player. how are you uplading mpeg files to your treo?

Truthfully it's better to simply transfer large files liek mpgs to the card via card reader or app likecard Export. The hotsync tool is torturously slow and would transfer mpgs to the /palm/launcher folder. Using a card etc, just transfer the mpg to /Video folder and TCPMP will see the files...

Also, the PD asks you to install WMP 9 on the CD, but the latest ver is WMP 10. Usually when you click on media on the PD, a popup message will appear to reinstall WMP 9 or something, but this should go away and you should be able to access the media folder on the desktop... But like stated above, you don't need to install this to play using TCPMP on the Treo...

Finally, make sure to checkout pocketDvix encoder and PocketDVD to convert vids to the Treo for best viewing...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    I figured it out, for now i'll use the quick install app. slow but works. also i can now just click on the thumbnails in the media folder and the files play in the palm media player...? go figure. I guess the drivers from tcpmp have enabled the other player as well. I do like the enhanced control features in the tcpmp player though.

Thanks for your help, David