1.    #1  
    After installing MRing 3.0 I no longer can have anything but the default beep actually sound for an alert in chatteremail. Obviously this is a MotionApps issue but I cannot find any kind of support for their porduct past the Q&A knowledge base thingy. Does anybody have any ideas. If i set messaging volume to anything but off it works fine but then Mring would work properly. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    I've noticed the same problem. I just submitted a support issue to MotionApps at http://www.motionapps.com/cs/helpDesk.do You have to select mRing T650 then click on "search" - no search term is required. At the bottom of the FAQ fill-in the problem below "Forward Question to MotionApps Customer Support" then click submit. It will then ask you for contact info, more info, etc.
  3.    #3  
    Ahh thanks I will do it also..strength in numbers!
    Got this e-mail...

"...Thank you for your e-mail.

We are aware of this issue which is caused by mRing setting the messaging sound preferences to “off”. Our development team is working on a fix for the problem, and hopefully we will be able to provide one soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,..."
    Anyone gotten any resolution to this problem?
    Love new toys!
    MPX200 -> MPX220 -> SMT5600 -> Treo 650
    According to a post in this thread http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...ewtopic&t=2023 a fix has been made and awaiting release. That was 1 1/2 weeks ago - I don't know what the holdup is ??
    I sent an email to them over a week ago. Yesterday I get a response that states they are working on the problem and here is a "beta" please provide some feedback.

I did - it reset the 650 everytime I tried to set an alarm for a category.

Also, while testing the OWA version - mring was causing some other issues that I traced back to it. Those issues were primarily related to keeping the screen on. And when ever the Treo would reset with Chatter running in the background immediately after the reset - mring would "ring" the default tone during the reset.

Now interaction with other software can be a problem - this I know - but when you send an email and get an automated response that says we will get back to you within 48 hours and it takes 8 days. And then immediately after they sent me the beta - I replied with the issue and haven't heard back from them yet?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Guess I should be happy with version 2.9
    Does anyone have 2.9 they can send me? I guess I should have done more homework before purchasing this application, but what am I supposed to do? Research every possible combination of apps that I might install to see if they play well together?
    Quote Originally Posted by tulsais
    Does anyone have 2.9 they can send me? I guess I should have done more homework before purchasing this application, but what am I supposed to do? Research every possible combination of apps that I might install to see if they play well together?

Research every combination? - it would be tough. But for certain don't buy a program based upon first look. If it's not share ware and provides at least a two week interval or 20 operations of "trial" usage then I'd walk away from it.

I bought mrings long before I was using the Chatter OWA where the conflict came into play. And I'm not certain that Mring was causing some other issues before that but they were minimal.

That's not to say it's a bad program. But you start messing with certain things on a Palm/Treo and you've opened yourself up to possible problems and ringtones is going to be one of them.

For now - I'm using the native Phone app and tones and - you know what - most of the time I've got the phone on vibrate anyway because I'm in meetings so my investment was being wasted. I'm going for function rather than sounding "shek"?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Research every combination? - it would be tough. But for certain don't buy a program based upon first look. If it's not share ware and provides at least a two week interval or 20 operations of "trial" usage then I'd walk away from it.

I bought mrings long before I was using the Chatter OWA where the conflict came into play. And I'm not certain that Mring was causing some other issues before that but they were minimal.

That's not to say it's a bad program. But you start messing with certain things on a Palm/Treo and you've opened yourself up to possible problems and ringtones is going to be one of them.

For now - I'm using the native Phone app and tones and - you know what - most of the time I've got the phone on vibrate anyway because I'm in meetings so my investment was being wasted. I'm going for function rather than sounding "shek"?
    I agree. I think this was a wasted investment for me as well. I have to be able to have some sort of audable tone that lets me know I've got email and right now all I get is a blinking LED. Don't get me wrong, I would definately recommend MRing as a good app, but not if you want to use chatteremail with it. If they have a fix, release it! I'll also gladly beta test a "fix" if one exists.
    UPDATE! Got this email from support today:

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are aware of this incompatibility between Chatter and mRing - and it will be solved in the upcoming release of mRing scheduled for the next week.

Best Regards,

MotionApps Customer Support
    www.MotionApps.com - Making Your Treo Tremendous
    Love new toys!
    MPX200 -> MPX220 -> SMT5600 -> Treo 650
    An updated version 3.2 was posted today http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mring

I'll be backing-up, then downloading and installing.
    UPDATE: So far, so good. Mring doesn't touch the system sounds settings that ChatterEmail uses.
    mring 3.2 still seems to kill the chatter alert for me. anyone else?