1.    #1  
    Just got the 650 two weeks ago, and have had nothing but problems with Versamail...Folks at Sprint store gave me a fix for the crashing/reset problem which worked...Crashes stopped, but after just a couple of days of peaceful e-mailing, the system can no longer connect to mail server..Just times out...Tried creating a new account, but that only worked ac ouple of times...Besides, shouldn't have to recreate a new account everytime I want e-mail...Even the Sprint guy said that Versamail had issues...SOOOO, is there ANYTHING better that does work??? Help!
    Chatter or Snappermail. Search and ye shall find
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    That's VersaCrap for ya! Snappermail and Chatter are the best, just decided if you need Push Email or not.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    If you are having connection issues it is unlikely a versamail issue. It might be an issue with your data service speed. I think you can extend the Time Out within versamail. I use Versamail all the time and have done so for the last 2 years. It has improved dramatically since the Treo 600 version and while I have tried both snapper and chatter, I couldn't see the value in paying $30+ for a new application.
    Are you able to get any data connectivity? IE browse websites and etc... If no, just do a soft reset. I had this happen to me before and after the soft reset everything worked great.

One other thing to check is that your ISP didn't change security settings etc...
    I've tried quite a few. I starting with VersaMail using activesync with Exchange. Most other programs were better. Chatter is the one I use.
    I have Chatter and Snapper, and they are both great, but Chatter's push email (using the IMAP IDLE command) is fantastic, and at the moment you get 6 months free IMAP mail to try it out when you buy. Can't beat that.
    I just downloaded & installed Chatter today and I LOVE IT. I've been using it with my Gmail account, and I couldn't be happier. I'm now using it as my default e-mail application.
  9.    #9  
    I spent an hour in the Sprint Store yesterday regarding this issue...Versamail worked like a charm the first time the tech tried to get my mail - just my luck, as it was the first time in 8 hours that it did work...Didn't last long, as the next half dozen tries timed out...No problem web surfing, just getting it to connect...Convinced them to pay for a third party application...Sounds like Chatter is the way to go...Thanks again to everyone...
    um chatter
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Hello Guido31,

Try using Aileron mail it is designed to help mobile users manage and balance their corporate and personal email management needs using one single handheld device, with bi-directional support for attachments. Aileron provides email management for individual users using Internet mail access protocols like POP3, IMAP4, with or without SSL, and also provides access to portal mailboxes like AOL, MSN/Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail.

Feel free to reach us at www.corsoft.com for a live and interactive chat support.
    Tim K
    Chatter!!!!!