1.    #1  
    Hardware B on sprint. New logo and everything, and I gotta say, I really like the splash screen. This one seems to get 1-2dBs stronger reception than the Hardware A I have sitting next to it. It also seems slightly snappier. So far, so good, the only thing I'm really not liking (as posted before) is the yellowish tint of the screen. If only I could open the things up and switch the screens, b/c it really makes the HW A screen look beautiful.
    I suppose if a person bought a brand new 650 then returned it the within the return period, that one would go into the refurb bin. Congrats on getting a recent version.
    yeah I just got my replacement 2 days ago and it's a hardware a, not b. *shrugs*
  4.    #4  
    Are there any hardware A's with the new logo?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I suppose if a person bought a brand new 650 then returned it the within the return period, that one would go into the refurb bin. Congrats on getting a recent version.
    I don't get it, what does this have to do with mine? As far as I know, the Hardware B is newer than the A, isn't it? Besides, I'm pretty sure this one was brand new.
    yeah I have a hardware a with the new sprint logo and firmware 1.12a
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportsCRX
    yeah I have a hardware a with the new sprint logo and firmware 1.12a
    Lucky! I'm switching back. I could care less about the new logo when you compare the screens.
    i had another hardware A before this one, and that screen was so much brighter with no yellow tint on it. This one has a blueish tint, i like it cuz it's easy on the eyes.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportsCRX
    i had another hardware A before this one, and that screen was so much brighter with no yellow tint on it. This one has a blueish tint, i like it cuz it's easy on the eyes.
    I wouldn't mind a bluish tint, but the yellowish tint just looks awful. The hw A I have has the brightest best screen I've seen on a PDA. All colors actually look great on it.
    Man, i just today picked up my replacement (actually, my 5th replacement in about a year) and it has the new sprint logo and splash screen. Howeever, it is a refurb unit with Hardware A.

The screen is so much nicer than the revision B i had previously. I hadn't realised how big a difference there was until i started using this one. I've had plenty of rfurb phones before, so that doesn't really bother me. In fact, more often than not, the refurbs work better because Palmone has worked out the kinks.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Man, i just today picked up my replacement (actually, my 5th replacement in about a year) and it has the new sprint logo and splash screen. Howeever, it is a refurb unit with Hardware A.

The screen is so much nicer than the revision B i had previously. I hadn't realised how big a difference there was until i started using this one. I've had plenty of rfurb phones before, so that doesn't really bother me. In fact, more often than not, the refurbs work better because Palmone has worked out the kinks.
    Yeah, I'm really surprised palmone let these ugly rev B screens pass.
    whoo hoo I got a rev. A and the New sprint logo.
    IMo- yellow tint is definately more natural lookin than blue tint. but maybe because my skin has a yellow tint....
    I am due to pick up my refurb on Friday and now you guys have made me a nervous wreck ... will it be an A or a B? Will it have a yellow screen or a blue? Sheesh ...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yeah, I used to be anal with the yellowish tint since I liked the previous one's bluish tint...just suck it up and after a while you won't even notice.
  15.    #15  
    I just got a HW B with the new logo and this one has no yellowish tint. It has only slightly less contrast than the old HW A I had though, but I'm happy now.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I've just received a brand new, fresh out of the new yellow and black Sprint box, Hardware Revision B Treo 650 as an ERP phone. This comes as my 10th replacement treo. The screen is immaculate, no tint of any kind. I do wonder what's been revised since Revision A....
    I received a refurb rev B a month ago also but have the bluish screen and was the same as my rev A but brighter when I adjust the contrast all the way up. Buttons aren't as firm however and the "P" goes out once in a while. I've received 1 other replacement before this and was rev A with the yellow/redish tint. I'm glad there was an issue with it and got this last one with the bluish screen. Much better screen IMO.