1.    #1  
    A new version (v1.14) of StopDim was released to Early Availability today. It can be found at:

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...download&cid=5

This version has the following new features:

1) Selectable Auto-Timeout settings from 1 minute to 20 minutes and then ultimately AlwaysOn.
    2) Access to the new WEB Registration database at GoTreo Software.

Jeff
    I downloaded this but it says my trial period has expired even though it shows my hotsync id.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    I downloaded this but it says my trial period has expired even though it shows my hotsync id.
    Are you a licensed user of StopDim? Your license key should be maintained from one installtion of StopDim to another.

Jeff
    No but its the first time I'm trying it, I am a VC user.
  5.    #5  
    I have released an update for StopDim that corrects the auto off bug in v1.17 and v1.18.

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=33

Jeff
    What is new in 1.2?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jleadbeater
    What is new in 1.2?
    1.20 is a proposed fix for a problem reported on 1.17 where StopDim was not maintaining screen ON mode during a phone call. This release is in the early access area of my download site.

Jeff
    Jeff,

I tried out StopDim v1.20 yesterday and it appears to not work on my treo. I set it for 20 minutes to time out and after 3 minutes (what I have in the preferences setting) it shuts down. I have an unlocked/unbranded GSM Treo, the settings I have checked is: Fix auto off bug with a 20 minute timer. The help indicates that setting is suppose to fix a bug on cingular phones. Am I doing something wrong?
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ
    Jeff,

I tried out StopDim v1.20 yesterday and it appears to not work on my treo. I set it for 20 minutes to time out and after 3 minutes (what I have in the preferences setting) it shuts down. I have an unlocked/unbranded GSM Treo, the settings I have checked is: Fix auto off bug with a 20 minute timer. The help indicates that setting is suppose to fix a bug on cingular phones. Am I doing something wrong?
    I have posted an update that I hope will solve this problem. Can you verify?

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=33

Jeff
    Just bought Stopdim. Didnt do a trial, just bought it (i trust you, lol). Seemed to load fine but when i tried to check the box it sent me to a page that said my trial period was over, Register from the same location where i downloaded the software.

Went to back where I downloaded the software, and no help there.

After I while I finally found the "manual registration" dropdown from the main page, but it was very confusing for quite a while since it kept taking me to that "expired" page and there was no direction on what I really needed to do (which was to find the dropdown menu and imput the reg code i got in the email)

Also the email you get when you pay is confusing since it says "download here" and that takes you to the page where you order and buy for the software in the first place and your only choices are to buy the thing again or download the trial version.

Anyway, working fine now and worth the $5 but it was confusing for a while.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Just bought Stopdim. Didnt do a trial, just bought it (i trust you, lol). Seemed to load fine but when i tried to check the box it sent me to a page that said my trial period was over, Register from the same location where i downloaded the software.

Went to back where I downloaded the software, and no help there.

After I while I finally found the "manual registration" dropdown from the main page, but it was very confusing for quite a while since it kept taking me to that "expired" page and there was no direction on what I really needed to do (which was to find the dropdown menu and imput the reg code i got in the email)

Also the email you get when you pay is confusing since it says "download here" and that takes you to the page where you order and buy for the software in the first place and your only choices are to buy the thing again or download the trial version.

Anyway, working fine now and worth the $5 but it was confusing for a while.
    Sorry you had this issue. I don't have complete control over my vendor web sites or purchase process. I think though for the most part all of them provide very good interfaces. If you could send me your real name, I will look up your purchase record and contact that particular vendor to see if they will make a few changes.

Send the email to: support@GoTreoSoftware.com

The problem of bad keys is all too common. The process for generating keys is based on information gained from your Treo. If the information supplied during the purchase process does not *exactly* match the information in your Treo, a bad key is created. A missed space or a small letter substituted for a capital letter will all cause this condition. I am really trying to optimize this process but it is difficult. I am trying alternate technologies like SMS messages that automatically send your devices information to me - thus avoiding mistakes. If you have any ideas I would like to hear them.......

Jeff
    Ill email you Jeff, but the problem for me was really that there was nothing to tell me that i needed to go to the dropdown menu and find the registration tabs. It looked like it downloaded fine and the page with the checkmark boxes poped up, but when tried to click just sent me to expired page. Needed a message that said "If you have just purchased this software click on the ....(whereever) to complete your registration.

Once I found that, the registration number and program worked fine.
    Wiil stopdim work on a unlock 650 with 1.20 ENA I try the download from your web site but it wouldn't work. I use ver 1.22 but my screen still went dim plus went I hangup it say locking keyboard and screen then power down. any help?
    Jeff,

I rely on StopDim heavily and for some reason it appears to not work consistently on my T700P Sprint phone. There is no clear cut answer to this. I have what appears to be the latest version. Do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting. It appears that it has problems with always on and off in 15 minutes.

Kind regards,

Jim
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Does stopdim work for the dimming of the screen on the 755p with slingplayer? It always seems to dim randomly when using that application.