1.    #1  
    I've used TT5 many times within the same state and it's fine but I can't figure out how to set a destination across a different state than one starting in. It seems to only work with one map at a time. Could this be or am I missing something.

If TT5 can't navigate across all states for a trip, it's going back and I'm switching back to Destinator on PPC.

This program is not very intuitive compared to Destinator. Also frustrating that you can't click on a POI on the main screen or drag the main screen map around as Destinator does.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I load the maps of the regions I am travelling and plot a route to the edge of the current region. I then switch maps and plot the rest of the course to the final location. It only takes a few moments to switch maps.
  3.    #3  
    Bummer. So you can't get total trip estimates, etc. Not very intuitive or comprehensive. Big enough deal for me to switch back to Destinator.
    Actually it's easy. Just load either the major roads map or the major roads plus major cites map and you can navigate across the US. When you get close to the final destination you can switch to the regional map, or if the city is in the major roads plus cities map you may not even need to do this.

You can scroll around the map very easily, just go to Browse Map and scroll and zoom all you like.
    www.gpspassion.com
    Associate Writer, PalmAddict
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. Still far more combersome than Destinator. That separate Browse thing is not intuitive either as it doesn't autosnap to current location... and it needs to be capable on the main screen. Ditto for clicking on POIs. TT5 gets a C- compared to Garmin and Destinator. It's solid at determining routes though.
    you can not route between maps. but you can load bigger regional maps that have the same detail and POI as the individual state maps.

EX:
    instaead of loading just the michigan map, load the mi+oh maps and you will be able to route between the states because its on one map. you can also load mi+oh+in+ky etc.....

it works great you just have to plan how you load your orgional maps for planned usage
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Thanks. Still far more combersome than Destinator. That separate Browse thing is not intuitive either as it doesn't autosnap to current location... and it needs to be capable on the main screen. Ditto for clicking on POIs. TT5 gets a C- compared to Garmin and Destinator. It's solid at determining routes though.
    I did a search and could not even find Destinator for Palm and I know Garmin is more of a stand alone product. Since we are discussing Palm GPS systems in this forum, I have to say IMHO TomTom is the best. I have tried a few other Palm GPS software packages, and TomTom by far out does the rest. Again, this is just my opinion.