1.    #1  
    I just received their battery cover for the GSM Treo 650 phone. The color doesn't match my Cingular phone, but it does match the color of my Vaja T-65. Besides, it is better for the pictures for the cover to be of slightly different color.

Here are my opinions and some pictures:

Big disclaimer: I received this cover free from Seidio for providing comments and feedback. The following comments are the same that I sent to them.

The cover is a very tight fit. This is because of this cover uses a slightly thicker foam battery-pad. One has to press down on all 4 corners and slide the cover shut. I expect this to become easier with practice and as the pad compresses. No one should have any problems with loose battery after using this cover!

Anyhow, once the cover is on, it fits well.. no gap at corners or no projecting lip anywhere. I also feel that the Treo fits just a teeny bit more snugly into my Vaja T-65 with the Seidio cover (This is not the cover with the grippy surface).

Overall, I'm happy with the cover and I would buy it if I was having to use the reset button a lot. It is sad that we would need this cover at all, but we do.. Now we have to lobby Vaja to make their cases with a reset hole!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Very nice pictures ! The two tone colors look very nice. May be it is a way to go !
  3.    #3  
    As a side effect, the stylus now fits more snug into the Treo 650. I guess the tight cover must be bending the plastic outer shell just a little bit ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Looks ok, I'd prefer that the color actually matched, but would likely put egripson anyway, so guess that doesn't matter.

Seido offered me one too, but never sent it...it's been 3-4 weeks.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I got my cover today. It is definitely two toned styling with my Cingular phone. The benefit of the reset hole totally out weighs the color mismatch. Hopefully Seido will correct the color match in their next production run. I would not let the color keep you from getting this cover. My battery cover is completely covered by my EB case leather case. It took a little force to get the cover installed over my battery. I have the extended capacity batter which is a bit thicker than the original battery. With a little effort the cover fits fine and should not need to be removed anytime soon.

Attached are two pics. One shows the orginal and Seido cover side-by-side. The other pics shows the cover installed with the stylus in the reset hole.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swieder; 11/20/2005 at 01:31 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I got my cover today. It is definitely two toned styling with my Cingular phone. The benefit of the reset hole totally out weighs the color mismatch. Hopefully Seido will correct the color match in their next production run. I would not let the color keep you from getting this cover. My battery cover is completely covered by by EB case leather case. It took a little force to get the cover installed over my battery. I have the extended capacity batter which is a bit thicker than the original battery. With a little effort the cover fits fine and should not need to be removed anytime soon.

Attached are two pics. One shows the orginal and Seido cover side-by-side. The other pics shows the cover installed with the stylus in the reset hole.
    Hi Scott,

We have not produced the color that matches Cingular Treo yet. So far, we only have 1) Sprint Blue and 2) Verizon/Unlock GSM Silver.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    The cover I received for my GSM Palm Unlocked matches color perfectly but fits very poorly. They sent me a second cover and the fit is just about as bad. The bottom right side doesn't "lock down" properly because it seems the tabs on the battery holder aren't quite long enough by just a hair.

I paid for mine.

Pictures in the original thread here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=98931
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    The cover I received for my GSM Palm Unlocked matches color perfectly but fits very poorly. They sent me a second cover and the fit is just about as bad. The bottom right side doesn't "lock down" properly because it seems the tabs on the battery holder aren't quite long enough by just a hair.

I paid for mine.

Pictures in the original thread here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=98931
    Did you remove the sponge inside the battery cover. I think the sponge is too thick for your battery. It will help quite a lot. Mine fits very well and I paid for mine too.
    The SECOND cover (replacement for the first, see my pictures in the original threa I quoted last message) they sent me was "modified". The fit of the replacement cover seemed somewhat better but the reason was because the piece of foam tape on the inside of the replacement cover was much thinner then on the original one I had. This relieves the upward pressure on the cover against the battery so the fit SEEMS better (it looks better). However the problem remains that the right side of the cover (looking at the Treo from the BOTTOM) still is not “locked down.” It still seems that the problem is the little tabs on the cover that lock into the Treo are just not long enough to lock the cover down on the right side. Since the tape is thinner there is less UPWARD pressure against the battery so the fit LOOKS better (less or no gap because the tape is thinner - or gone)) but it still isn’t “catching” on the Treo body on the bottom right to hold it down so only the left side of the cover is "locked" on the bottom. It’s good enough to live with for me (for $6.00 it’s really no big deal) but there still seems to be a design issue with the little tabs being a tiny bit too short.

Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    Did you remove the sponge inside the battery cover. I think the sponge is too thick for your battery. It will help quite a lot. Mine fits very well and I paid for mine too.
    I checked the battery cover I have. The cover is locked down well on both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    The SECOND cover (replacement for the first, see my pictures in the original threa I quoted last message) they sent me was "modified". The fit of the replacement cover seemed somewhat better but the reason was because the piece of foam tape on the inside of the replacement cover was much thinner then on the original one I had. This relieves the upward pressure on the cover against the battery so the fit SEEMS better (it looks better). However the problem remains that the right side of the cover (looking at the Treo from the BOTTOM) still is not “locked down.” It still seems that the problem is the little tabs on the cover that lock into the Treo are just not long enough to lock the cover down on the right side. Since the tape is thinner there is less UPWARD pressure against the battery so the fit LOOKS better (less or no gap because the tape is thinner - or gone)) but it still isn’t “catching” on the Treo body on the bottom right to hold it down so only the left side of the cover is "locked" on the bottom. It’s good enough to live with for me (for $6.00 it’s really no big deal) but there still seems to be a design issue with the little tabs being a tiny bit too short.
    Hi Ed,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks and comments. Seidio is always trying to develop and produce the products as perfect as possible. We have taken your feedbacks very seriously and have adjusted our tooling per your comments. I will send you a new sample today. Let me know how it fits and if the battery cover is locked perfectly on both sides.

We have tried this new version in our lab. The difference is hardly noticed. But I will send this one to you. Hopefully you can see the difference.

It will go out today. Let me know what you think.

Thank you very much again. It is the user like you assist us getting better everyday.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Interesting. Maybe my TREO itself is different then the rest or the 2 covers I got were both bad. Without the tape the fit looks fine but the cover is still not locked down on the right side but is solid on the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    I checked the battery cover I have. The cover is locked down well on both sides.
    Thank you again but that really isn't necessary as I already applied eGrips to the 2nd one you sent and really don't want to have to purchase another $13+ set of eGrips. Of course I can just check it out when it arrives and see if it fits better and just save it until I need to replace the eGrips in a few months. It's up to you. Either way, thank you for the excellent customer support.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi Ed,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks and comments. Seidio is always trying to develop and produce the products as perfect as possible. We have taken your feedbacks very seriously and have adjusted our tooling per your comments. I will send you a new sample today. Let me know how it fits and if the battery cover is locked perfectly on both sides.

We have tried this new version in our lab. The difference is hardly noticed. But I will send this one to you. Hopefully you can see the difference.

It will go out today. Let me know what you think.

Thank you very much again. It is the user like you assist us getting better everyday.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    HI ED,

It has been sent. Let me know when you receive it.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Tems Seidio Battery Cover Review

Pros
    1) Perfect color match
    2) No problem resetting the treo
    3) Cover is secure, wont fall off

Cons
    1) I could have cut it better than Seidio did free handed with a dremel and shaped it better with a fingernail file.
    2) Its tough to put on because its just not well made!

*You can see 2 badly shaped edges on picture 1
    * 3 bad edges on pic 2
    *1 bad edge on pic 3

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/100_1502.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/100_1501.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...et/seidio1.jpg
  16.    #16  
    Maybe my standards are not as hihg .. but these looked pretty good to me!

My cover is under the Vaja case all the time, anyway.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Tems Seidio Battery Cover Review

Pros
    1) Perfect color match
    2) No problem resetting the treo
    3) Cover is secure, wont fall off

Cons
    1) I could have cut it better than Seidio did free handed with a dremel and shaped it better with a fingernail file.
    2) Its tough to put on because its just not well made!

*You can see 2 badly shaped edges on picture 1
    * 3 bad edges on pic 2
    *1 bad edge on pic 3

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/100_1502.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/100_1501.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...et/seidio1.jpg
    Please remove the sponge inside. It will fit better.

David Chang
    Sorry for the bashing David. I put the cover on my wife's phone since I no longer use a Treo.
    There should never be a reason for her to remove the cover so I think it may be best to leave the sponge in so it wont squeak. You know how Treos creak when you type on them.