Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am I the only one that finds it really annoying? It really doesn't have any use other than giving me another chore to do which is to empty that folder everytime I send a sensitive email. Same with the drafts folder, I don't use that anymore either because it's not secure.

Don't get me wrong, I recently switched over from Snapper and am quite happy with Chatter but I hate having to deal with local folders that I can't turn off. Am I the only one here or is anyone else with me?

Come on people, gimme some love.
    sorry...i use the drafts and sent items folders frequently.
    You can use the spacebar to select the sensitive email and just delete that one rather than the whole folder. It doesn't seem to take up much space if you empty about once a month and I like it in case I need to find an old email I sent and am not at my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison
    Am I the only one that finds it really annoying? It really doesn't have any use other than giving me another chore to do which is to empty that folder everytime I send a sensitive email. Same with the drafts folder, I don't use that anymore either because it's not secure.

Don't get me wrong, I recently switched over from Snapper and am quite happy with Chatter but I hate having to deal with local folders that I can't turn off. Am I the only one here or is anyone else with me?

I use it to confirm that I did send the email that I meant to. That's about it. I myself wouldn't turn it off if I had the option.

I absolutely love the sent items folder. Also, if your using IMAP, there is a setting to move sent items to another folder which I'm betting could be an autodelete folder on the server?
  6.    #6  
    no way man you guys are crazy. An imap user doesn't need to have a local sent items folder, it's redundant. Just sync with your imap sent folder. The local folder just gets in the way.
    I use the Treo Sent folder all the time. However, I wish Marc could implement the SD Card support for it because my sent folder is freaking huge. Please make an update Marc.

Al
  8.    #8  
    come on people, the main issue here is security. why do you think corporations like blackberries so much. If one of their people loses their phone they can wipe everything out on it because its all synchronized with the server, emails, contacts, calender, everything. obviously we can't do all that on the treo with the exception of emails thanks to chatter. If I lose my phone i can wipe out all the emails on it as long as it gets turned on at some point. chatter will persistently try to connect to the server and synchronize those folders and if they're deleted on the server they will get deleted on the treo, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE TREO SENT AND DRAFTS FOLDERS.

y'all with me?
    come on people, the main issue here is security. why do you think corporations like blackberries so much. If one of their people loses their phone they can wipe everything out on it because its all synchronized with the server, emails, contacts, calender, everything. obviously we can't do all that on the treo with the exception of emails thanks to chatter. If I lose my phone i can wipe out all the emails on it as long as it gets turned on at some point. chatter will persistently try to connect to the server and synchronize those folders and if they're deleted on the server they will get deleted on the treo, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE TREO SENT AND DRAFTS FOLDERS.

y'all with me?
    Am I mistaken that if you check "Upload sent items to..." it will no longer be on the local but on the server?
  10.    #10  
    yes, you're mistaken. a copy still gets saved to the treo sent folder.
    yes, you're mistaken. a copy still gets saved to the treo sent folder.
    Wasn't sure. Didn't want to set it up to see.

I'm sure the programmer has this on the upgrade list.
  12.    #12  
    Yeah I think I read a post from Marc somewhere about fixing the drafts folder problem sometime in the future but I think that he sincerely believes that we all need that treosent local folder. Oh well, maybe someone can patch it so that it doesn't do that.
  13.    #13  
    BTW, other than the issues above I have to say that chatter works perfect for me, fast and stable. I'ts about a thousand times better than snapper, and I have full versions of both.
    BTW, other than the issues above I have to say that chatter works perfect for me, fast and stable. I'ts about a thousand times better than snapper, and I have full versions of both.
    Glad to know. I was about to bite the bullet and upgrade my old Snapper to an IMAP client and wait the long wait for the 700w on Sprint and affordable. I first looked at the latest Snapper for IMAP but then looked at Chatter and saw the more than enough time free and full trial and decided to try it.

NEEDLESS to say I'm blown AWAY by Chatter!! Not only by the level of options and functionality but the GUI ROCKS!!! I know everyone, "Duh!", I'm late to the party but I still gotta say, CHATTERMAIL ROCKS!!!
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    If one of their people loses their phone they can wipe everything out on it because its all synchronized with the server, emails, contacts, calender, everything. obviously we can't do all that on the treo with the exception of emails thanks to chatter.
    Sure you can. There are plenty of applications that offer remote wiping of both the Treo memory and SD-Card like mSafe. Obviously, just like the Blackberry, the Treo phone needs to be on in order to receive the "wipe" SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Glad to know. I was about to bite the bullet and upgrade my old Snapper to an IMAP client and wait the long wait for the 700w on Sprint and affordable. I first looked at the latest Snapper for IMAP but then looked at Chatter and saw the more than enough time free and full trial and decided to try it.

NEEDLESS to say I'm blown AWAY by Chatter!! Not only by the level of options and functionality but the GUI ROCKS!!! I know everyone, "Duh!", I'm late to the party but I still gotta say, CHATTERMAIL ROCKS!!!
    Bwahahahaha!!!! With each passing day, you become more and more like me!! ph34r!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    no way man you guys are crazy. An imap user doesn't need to have a local sent items folder, it's redundant. Just sync with your imap sent folder. The local folder just gets in the way.
    I agree completely.
    It's just an additional task for IMAP users.
    I sync with the server's "sent" folder.
    I would prefer a simple confirmation dialog of the message being sent.
    Perhaps Marc can include a prefernce to use the "Treo Sent" folder or not, just like the summary screen (which I don't use).
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    I agree completely.
    It's just an additional task for IMAP users.
    I sync with the server's "sent" folder.
    I would prefer a simple confirmation dialog of the message being sent.
    Perhaps Marc can include a prefernce to use the "Treo Sent" folder or not, just like the summary screen (which I don't use).
    I agree as well. I'd like to suggest a feature on the Chatter forums to toggle the TreoSent folder, but I'm having difficulty registering. Does anyone want to post this request over there in the appropriate forum? Or hopefully Marc will see this thread and respond?

-R
    Yeah, I can make it optional.
    My sent items folder in Exchange has 30k messages. I can't have Chatter sync that. I use the TreoSent items folder to confirm that I sent a message and review what I sent from the Treo. I clear it out about once a month.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast