Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the magnesium hard case offered here, by smartphone experts, is any good?

Is it the same as the innopocket/proporta one?

Worth ordering?

Thank you.
    It is the same as the innopocket/proporta case, and it is the best hard case yet. The new door hinge is fantastic.
    From what I had read in other threads here, that case had many problems with the sd card slots and was too bulky for keeping the case/treo in your pocket if that is what you need.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    innopocket has corrected the sd card issue. as far as too bulky, that's a personal preference.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    True as to the bulky issue, but so many of us wanted one that we could keep in our pocket and didn't need the SD card holder that makes it much thicker that I wish someone would make that an option already.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Plus, with the SD storage, the case doesn't open all the way, so when you're holding it in your hand or placing it on a flat surface, the treo is at an angle....
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    From what I had read in other threads here, that case had many problems with the sd card slots and was too bulky for keeping the case/treo in your pocket if that is what you need.

Are you guys reffering to innopocket case or the magnesium case by smartphone experts?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I was also wondering about the clip. I once ordered an innopocket clip, and the screw would not stay in the plastic clip.

Would anyone recommend that I purchase from here, or proporta?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    The case is bulky but you'll love it if you accidentally drop the treo. Got a couple of dents now but no treo damage.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    ps40897 -- did you order the one from treocentral? What are your opinions? Right now I have the slim leather case, and am looking for more protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    Does anyone know if the magnesium hard case offered here, by smartphone experts, is any good?

Is it the same as the innopocket/proporta one?

Worth ordering?

Thank you.
    I bought one from innopocket this summer - the one that exposes the keyboard - yeah it protects, but the belt clip button was so small it wouldn't stay in the clip - c.s. didn't respond. I went back to using my vaja - the top half cracked & I just sawed it off & keep using it
    I am truly interested in the Magnum case, however for it to be a winner for me it would have to be smaller than the T66 and well hopefully the same size as the T65...but alas after conversion and such it is bigger than the T66. Thus I am with my T65...my T66 I miss, but i cannot put in my car where i normally keep my cell phone...when i get a new car next spring (most likely) i will probably bring it out of retirment...but I dunno maybe by then I would have moved on to the HP 6700 i dunno..but yeah the magnum i guess is not for me
    Does anyone know if the case affects the sound quality of the microphone? From the pictures, it looks like it is well exposed.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    All the descriptions refer to a removeable belt clip. Is that a swivel clip or a traditional clip?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    i just got the magnesium last night. I've also have a aluminium innopocket hardcase, vaja t65, and a codi fit case.

belt clip: traditional swivel clip like the innopocket aluminium case. I won't even put the mounting screw in the back as I will be carrying it in my pocket.

hinge: The new hinge is nice, although with the SD card holder in the back it will not allow the lid to fold all the way (flush) back.

sd card holder: useless to me. It doesn't seem to hold them in there and I don't like the idea of it on the outside of the case for if they did fall out, they would be free range in the pocket.

wtf?: There is a small hole in the back of the case, almost exactly opposite of the side of the treo650 where the soft reset is. It almost seems that they thought to put it in so when combined with the sedio battery lid it would let you reset the treo without removing it from the case. but alas, it is on the wrong side, so either they munged it up in the design group, or just though a tiny hole there would be cool. I may tap and drill a hole on the correct side to allow the soft reset without removal from the case.

Overall it seems nice so far. Hasn't interfered with bluetooth use. fits in the accesory pocket of my pants as well as the vaja or the innopocket case. i prefer the black to the aluminium. As soon as they offer this without the sd card holder I will buy one as well.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    wtf?: There is a small hole in the back of the case, almost exactly opposite of the side of the treo650 where the soft reset is. It almost seems that they thought to put it in so when combined with the sedio battery lid it would let you reset the treo without removing it from the case. but alas, it is on the wrong side, so either they munged it up in the design group, or just though a tiny hole there would be cool.

that is for the treo 600's that have the reset hold exposed on that side.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Ah, very smart thinking. :-) Now all we need is on the side for the 650.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    I got the Innopocket one about two weeks ago for the 650... it is absolutely wonderful, although I feel like I'm carrying around a major piece of equipment with the large hard case.

However... I dropped it once on the sidewalk outside Target. I would be thankful for having the hard case, and I was, but the reason it hit the ground was that the very poorly designed screw on the poorly designed belt clip portion came loose from the phone, which then dropped to the ground. In other words, the case help it survive the fall, but it also caused the fall!

To make matters worse, the bottom the case now has a big crack in it across the entire bottom portion. It looks like it might break off if it hits the bottom incorrectly again. Not what I was expecting out of a $40 piece of hardware. But that's the only deficiency.
    So would any of you who bought the Magnum Case stick by your purchase or if given the opportunity switch to Innopocket's Metal Deluxe Case?
    I have to go home now...
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I have both cases. I like the look of the black (magnesium) case and the beveling around the cutouts seem to give me a little more access for my big thumbs. Although the magnesium seems a little more brittle while the aluminium has a little give to it. So for now, it is the magnesium case for work and the innopocket for work around the house or in the garage.

The Innopocket's plastic screen cover has a habbit of popping loose, I've only had the magnesium case for a few days so it is too soon to tell if this will do it as well.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast