1.    #1  
    Okay, I am a newbie so be gentle.
    I downloaded pqdvd.com the DVD suite (okay)

I then was prompted to install Xvid and to install certain files (okay)

So I installed the extension tcpmp mpeg4 onto my treo 650 (okay)

I inserted a movie and the DVD suite played and recoreded the first 5 minutes (okay)

I then put my SD card in a reader and copied the movie onto the SD card (okay)

From the desktop computer I can see the movie on the sd card and it plays fine on my desktop (okay)

So I insert the sd card back into the treo 650 and I go to the sd card and I dont see the movie there

Where is the player that should play the movie I dont see that on my application list either?

What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    So I installed the extension tcpmp mpeg4 onto my treo 650 (okay)

What am I doing wrong?
    what format did you save your movie in? mpeg or avi? if you *know* the movie is on the sd card, then you're either not navigating to the right location when trying to load it, or its not recognizing it as a compatable file type.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks MIcael, I download and sync'd all the tcpmp extensions (prc's) and I then went to opena and clicked on the movie name (avi) and pressed play and it worked. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Buldawg; 11/18/2005 at 04:04 PM.
  4.    #4  
    I didnt change any of the setting on the DVD suite so it says the output of the movie is 246MB, is that okay? I have a 1GB SD card that I am going to keep the movies on. Also, it saved the movie in an avi format is that okay? I didnt see where you could change the format. How do you move to different parts in the movie (rew or ff)?
    Last edited by Buldawg; 11/18/2005 at 04:04 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Okay I was able to download the movie on my SD card using Pocket DVD Studio. Now I am using TCPMP to view the movie. But now I am confused. The sound on the movie is low, how do I incrase the volume or do I have to do that at the time of ripping it using Pocket DVD Studio? Also how do you ff or rew. Everytime I go to the movie it starts at the beginning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    Now I am using TCPMP to view the movie. But now I am confused. The sound on the movie is low, how do I incrase the volume
    Go to Pref at bottom right corner and increase Preamp
  7.    #7  
    Strange, I just was playing with some options to make the output sound louder so I ripped a few minutes of a movie and tested it on my Treo 650 and I can now use the 5 way rocker to ff and rew the movie. For some reason it wouldnt work on the full version of the movie the first time. I am ripping the whole movie again, I will try the ff and rew again. I thought that would be the logical way to ff and rew but for some reason it didnt work for me???
  8.    #8  
    I downloaded the full version again and the 5 way rocker works as ff and rew.
    Here are instructions on how to rip a DVD and watch it for free on your Treo 650.

http://mytreo.net/treofaq/RipDVDUsingFairUseWizard
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Awesome tip about preamp, I didn't know about that, worked great!
  11.    #11  
    Not to sound stupid, but what is the difference between preamp and the volume at the top?