1.    #1  
    Is there anything that will play .wmv files?

I have several clips, mostly of my little boy as .wmv files (for posting on his website) and it would be nice if I could play them on the Treo without having to convert them. I guess it is asking way to much for something that will play quicktime movies on it too huh?
  2.    #2  
    Oh well, 32 views and no response... Guess I'll just convert them all. I *think* Palm Desktop will convert them, but I normally just use a card reader to copy video/audio to the SD card.
    Give this a try...

http://www.winavi.com/

I've heard that it converts almost anything to anything. I have no personal experience with it though.
    Sorry i read it again. You did say play not convert. I'd be suprised if there is anything that runs on a palm OS than plays wmv. Sorry to be of no help.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I thought TCPMP with the FFmpeg plugin played wmv file formats. I haven't tried it, though. TCPMP and that plugin are freeware.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    I thought TCPMP with the FFmpeg plugin played wmv file formats. I haven't tried it, though. TCPMP and that plugin are freeware.

Good luck!
    Limited success I believe, but the sound is tricky
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    In other threads it was mentioned that there is a licensing issue with .wmv's and pTunes. Not sure whether TCPMP will work run .wmv's either.

Greg
    Has anyone done a search? The Treo 650 will play .WMVs without any additional software. Just use the Palm Desktop app to transfer them to the Palm.

OK, technically, I suppose the Treo doesn't play .wmvs, because the Palm Desktop does convert them, but the net effect is the same.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9.    #9  
    I have disabled the media sync - since I just use a card reader to manually copy video and audio clips to the SD card. The other day (before I disabled that part of sync) I copied a movie to the card that was about 500M - the next time I did a sync, it was taking a ridiculous amount of time, since I guess it was copying that clip back to the PC - anyway, I aborted that sync and disabled it at that point.

All of that to say that the "auto convert" thing really won't work for me. I guess I will just start converting clips before I copy them to the SD card.

Thanks everyone...