Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As it now sits, I think the main thing I like about zlauncher is being able to set background images (and I can't seem to do that yet) so I'm still on the fence about keeping it - what are some other cool things it'll do that might make me want to stay with it? what are disadvantages to using it?

I have done a google search looking for more themes, and couldn't find any (found a couple of progs to make your own, but I don't want to go that route, yet) where can I find some themes that might make me want to stay with it?

I guess I want to like it, but ain't sure just yet.

Search for ZLauncher, there's links to a lot of themes and threads on the features of ZLauncher.

If you use a lot of programs, want to keep your Treo ram as clear as possible, want to be able to customize the launcher look, want to have a nice easy to use file manager, want to be able to hotsync programs on the SD card, keep ZLauncher.
  3.    #3  
    I will also say that it is easier to use programs that are installed to the SD card when I use zlauncher. I have a dictionary and bible, for instance, that are really too big to go to normal memory, so they were installed completely on the SD card. I don't think I can put them in the "main" category using the normal interface, but it was pretty easy to put a shortcut to them in zlauncher.

I did find that I can open zlauncher, make the shortcut, then leave zlauncher and I have them available to put in a category in the normal interface... tcpmp, however, won't work from the shortcut in the normal interface.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I really like the QuickLaunch feature of ZLauncher (you can use it from any program). I have it set to my side button, along with Keyshades and Voice Memo (all three actually work assigned to the same button, selecting each just depending on how long you hold the button down).

I like how customizable ZLauncher is. I have my theme as a "Mac" looking interface, which I got for free (I think the file name of the theme is "ZLT_AquaBrushed_OS5"). Launching apps from SD card is great. Also has a built in file manager. Even has a plugin for a "Today" type screen. It's just an all around great launcher! There's a lot of things people don't realize about it at first.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    where can i find website for themes , sound for zlauncher?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I gave up on zlauncher. As khaytsus was explaining to me, the best thing it's for is moving programs to the SD card, including their databases. Apparently, for some programs, there is no other way to do this.

As for launching programs more quickly, don't bother with Zlauncher. Just get rid of all the categories and use the Treo's keyboard. One press of the Home key will bring up the apps in memory, two presses the SD card, and then use just need to the first letter or two to select the program. Much quicker than the Zlauncher quicklaunch feature, which I also had hooked up to my side button for a while.

FileZ is a good (and free) file manager, btw.
  8.    #8  
    I've asked this before, but can anyone tell me the correct place to put images to make them available as backgrounds for zlauncher? I know how (I think) to set the background image, but it shows none in the list to pick from. This makes me think that I just don't have images in the directory that it is looking for...
    Quote Originally Posted by rctoyguy
    I've asked this before, but can anyone tell me the correct place to put images to make them available as backgrounds for zlauncher? I know how (I think) to set the background image, but it shows none in the list to pick from. This makes me think that I just don't have images in the directory that it is looking for...
    If you're trying to make something a background image while in the theme manager, it will only show items in the Pallm/Programs/zLauncher/BackImage directory on your SD card or items that are already backimages (and are converted to some other file type and stored in RAM).

If you don't want to move the pics there, navigate to the SD Category, find the image you want, hold down the center button and then choose Backimage.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    As it now sits, I think the main thing I like about zlauncher is being able to set background images (and I can't seem to do that yet) so I'm still on the fence about keeping it - what are some other cool things it'll do that might make me want to stay with it? what are disadvantages to using it?

I have done a google search looking for more themes, and couldn't find any (found a couple of progs to make your own, but I don't want to go that route, yet) where can I find some themes that might make me want to stay with it?

I guess I want to like it, but ain't sure just yet.
    Here is a good place for free ZLauncher themes: PalmSpirit
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the correct path to put the images - but - that doesn't work for me (either way) - I copied an image to that directory, and it doesn't show up in the "App - Theme Manager - Back Image" area... Also, if I browse to any other images and click-hold, there is no option for anything about background image... Apparently something isn't checked to allow it, or I have a bad zlauncher install?
    Thanks for the correct path to put the images - but - that doesn't work for me (either way) - I copied an image to that directory, and it doesn't show up in the "App - Theme Manager - Back Image" area... Also, if I browse to any other images and click-hold, there is no option for anything about background image... Apparently something isn't checked to allow it, or I have a bad zlauncher install?
    Sounds like you don't have jpeglib.prc installed on your treo. It's in the Plugins folder on your PC under wherever you extracted the zLauncher zip file.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  13.    #13  
    That seems to have fixed it - THANKS! Now to make some background images....
    I'd like the "Papyrus" theme from PalmSpirit:

http://www.palmspirit.com/phpmalogit...?id=586&cat=30

but the download link is not working anymore. Anyone here have it?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I'd like the "Papyrus" theme from PalmSpirit:

but the download link is not working anymore. Anyone here have it?
    Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks lgreenberg. Hmmm... It's not working. I think it's because it's for 320x480 screens. When I go to the Theme Manager in ZLauncher and try to use Papyrus, it says:

Theme "Papyrus Hi-Res+" is not available for this handheld.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_treo

As for launching programs more quickly, don't bother with Zlauncher. Just get rid of all the categories and use the Treo's keyboard. One press of the Home key will bring up the apps in memory, two presses the SD card, and then use just need to the first letter or two to select the program. Much quicker than the Zlauncher quicklaunch feature, which I also had hooked up to my side button for a while.
    FileZ is a good (and free) file manager, btw.

Expida Says: Great tip Tim. This was one of my pet peeves: "the categories". When I turn on the Treo even though I have it default to remember last app used, I would still many times end up in any category like games and have to scroll on out back to "all"
    Now I just changed everything to unfiled and deleted all the categories. I'm in Treo heaven again!
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Don't get a hard case. This sort of thing works fine if you have full access to the keyboard but not otheriwse.
    So anyone have the ZLauncher Papyrus theme from PalmSpirit that's for 320x320 screens?
    This says 320x320 and 320x480.. Click the download link at the bottom. (Telecharger)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast