Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    We bought 5 new treo's for our office and have been really having a hard time with these after coming from Blackberry's. Of course we all know that the autosync feature sucks in versamail. It seems to check when if feels like it and sometimes not check at all. Anyway, we have been noticing that when our users go out of town or state that the versamail doesn't even work at all, when you open it it is blank. If you reboot, while out of town, then it will work again. When you get back to town, does the same thing blank screen, it is so frustrating. Also it seems to be draining the battery like crazy, though we have it checking every 30 minutes between 8am-9pm. Most have to be recharged every night. We can get past the charging but the unreliablity of the email feature is killing us. Is there a better email client out there that would be better for us and has the ability to automatically check for mail? Also, sometimes in versamail we've seen on a couple phones that it will show the from;subject on an email and the body is blank. If you reboot then it shows the whole message.
    I would most definitely suggest Chatter (www.chatteremail.com). I have been using it for months with no reliability problems, and I travel all over the US (with Cingular) and have 7 mailboxes. Chatter has a TON of features that make it a great client for business users. You can have "push" email on IMAP accounts that support the IDLE feature, so it works similar to the Blackberry, or you can have it check email on a schedule.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll definately look into that one.