1.    #1  
    Looking for some advice....I have a treo 650 and just pulled the Seidio G4850M Nav Kit out of the box with the TomTom 5 Software. I downloaded all the software...the application seems to work, the sounds work, the power works in the car.....I just can't get a GPS signal. The manuals aren't too helpful...and I need a step by step instruction packet for dummies....what am I missing..(I tried to get a Bluetooth signal...but the phone found nothing)

Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by mccerch
    Looking for some advice....I have a treo 650 and just pulled the Seidio G4850M Nav Kit out of the box with the TomTom 5 Software. I downloaded all the software...the application seems to work, the sounds work, the power works in the car.....I just can't get a GPS signal. The manuals aren't too helpful...and I need a step by step instruction packet for dummies....what am I missing..(I tried to get a Bluetooth signal...but the phone found nothing)

Can anyone help?
    Select 'show GPS status' menu, then select 'configure' , select 'other cable nmea gps' and I guess the baud rate should be the default 4800. select done. You should then get a GPS signal. Make sure that the treo is pushed firmly into the cradle.

I believe that the setup is a 'wired' one and not bluetooth, so you won't find any BT devices unless you have a BT headset or carkit.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    There is an excelent forum dedicated to GPS: http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/
  4.    #4  
    I still do not have a GPS signal after trying your recommendations...but I certainly appreciate your time and thoughts. I'm not getting anything....not even a little glimpse of a signal. So, I must have something...I'll keep trying.

It's so frustrating....I want this work so bad.
  5.    #5  
    How to you get a reply from Seidio? I emailed tech support and get nothing(yet?)

can anyone help out there? Still not getting a GPS signal.

Help!?!?!?
  6.    #6  
    Got the solution! Add cruxview software from gpspassion.com and reset the GPS receiver.....then it's game on!
    So is it a BT receiver? because all I can find on cruxview is that it is for emtech Bt receivers.