1.    #1  
    Marc,

When I try to do the OTA upgrade to the latest stable the file is only .2k and then it tries to open in Blazer rather than the usual way.

Any idea why this is happening?

Also, in the past, I have had numerous issues with the OTA files. I have to cancel the download at least 5-10 times and then go back and re-download it. Eventually the whole file downloads. I am having this issue on two different 650s, both in Cingular Blue (old AT&T).
    Last edited by seaflipper; 11/17/2005 at 01:42 PM.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    I really don't know. Haven't heard of a problem like that, though someone said that the new DTG 8.0 screws up the package installer.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I do have DTG 8.0 installed and haven't done OTA since before I installed it. Ok, I'll do it the old fashioned way :-)

Is that OTA package installer a standard Palm thing? Or customized for your app? If it's standardized I will get Dataviz to look into it.

Thanks
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    It's standardized.

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Here is an update, Dataviz is aware of the issue:

This fix is currently in testing. Our engineers have discovered and fixed the issue, but our quality assurance team needs to look into the situation further.

In the meantime, I will create an Incident Report which I will submit to our second tier support staff. This is considered escalating the issue. Once I have escalated your problem, it will be evaluated and then prioritized by a team of technical support staff and software engineers. Some of the factors that affect a problem's priority include:

- Frequency: If many customers have reported the same issue then it becomes a higher priority to solve the problem. Of course we want to solve every problem, but in order to best make use of our resources, problems that affect many customers will be of highest priority.

- Reproducibility: If the problem happens intermittently, or if we are unable to reproduce the problem on a lab machine with the same setup that you have, it is harder for us to solve the problem. While there are some steps we can take to get around this, such as reviewing the log files listed above, if we cannot reproduce the problem it is likely it is specific to your individual setup, and that goes back to the frequency issue.

- Version of DataViz software: Issueswith the current version get addressed first.

Because of this evaluation process, I cannot give you a time frame as to when this problem will be solved. I will contact you with any information I learn, and I will let you know if we require more information from you.

Thank you for your cooperation and willingness to work together to get this issue resolved.

Anyone else who has an issue with DTG 8.0 and downloading the OTA udpate for Chatter, make sure to open a case with Dataviz so that they escalate this!
  6.    #6  
    FYI, anyone who is having this problem with Chatter (OTA upgrades) and has Docs to Go 8.0 installed. Dataviz has fixed the problem and you can download a hotfix at their website.
    This problem was resolved with this patch:
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13719
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    This problem was resolved with this patch:
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13719
    I posted the following response to this fix:

Technical Support Document ID: 13719 does not fix the problem. After running DataVizTech.PRC and "Delete Preferences" followed by soft reset, the OTA upload of ChatterMail will work. But if you click on Documents Icon in launcher window a message will ask if you agree to license then ask if want to use your programs to be used for documents types, if you say yes then OTA no longer works.
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    I posted the following response to this fix:

Technical Support Document ID: 13719 does not fix the problem. After running DataVizTech.PRC and "Delete Preferences" followed by soft reset, the OTA upload of ChatterMail will work. But if you click on Documents Icon in launcher window a message will ask if you agree to license then ask if want to use your programs to be used for documents types, if you say yes then OTA no longer works.
    I actually had the same problem as you until I moved the DTG8 apps back to main memory then installed the Docs To Go Blazer Patch per the instructions. Another thing I did differently, although I can't see why it mattered, was to unzip the Docs To Go Blazer Patch to a different location on my PC then the one mentioned in the DataViz instructions. It was after HotSyncing that time that it has worked fine.

Once I did this, I was able to move DTG8 back to the card, go into the app and agree to the license. OTA updates continued to work after that. At least in my case this has fixed the problem.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I actually had the same problem as you until I moved the DTG8 apps back to main memory then installed the Docs To Go Blazer Patch per the instructions. Another thing I did differently, although I can't see why it mattered, was to unzip the Docs To Go Blazer Patch to a different location on my PC then the one mentioned in the DataViz instructions. It was after HotSyncing that time that it has worked fine.

Once I did this, I was able to move DTG8 back to the card, go into the app and agree to the license. OTA updates continued to work after that. At least in my case this has fixed the problem.
    Ok I used DataVizTech.PRC not new built in Manage Applications to do all functions below. I took the following steps:

1. Moved from card to memory.
    2. Then deleted the preferences.
    3. Soft Reset
    4. Start Documents and accept to default for all document types.
    5. Move from Ram to Card.
    6. Start ChatterMail and attempt to update it

It this same steps that worked for you?
    My steps:

1. Moved DTG from card to memory;
    2. Deleted preferences;
    3. Soft Reset;
    4. Hotsync the Docs To Go Blazer Patch;
    5. Move DTG from memory to card;
    6. Start ChatterMail and attempt to update.

Is your DTG version 8.001 (145)? I didn't check my version before installing the patch, but that's what it shows now.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    My steps:

1. Moved DTG from card to memory;
    2. Deleted preferences;
    3. Soft Reset;
    4. Hotsync the Docs To Go Blazer Patch;
    5. Move DTG from memory to card;
    6. Start ChatterMail and attempt to update.

Is your DTG version 8.001 (145)? I didn't check my version before installing the patch, but that's what it shows now.
    It is DTG version 8.001 (143) that may be the problem.

Will that was the problem in did not click on link to download DXTGBlazerPatch.zip and sync new build of DTG. It now works and my build is now 145.
    Last edited by resturg; 11/22/2005 at 11:20 AM.
    Marc, I wonder if you could help me here. There something wrong with my file extensions whereby if I try to upgrade chatter via the mobile package installer, the psi file does not seem to be transferred to the Palm package installer. Iniatially I thought UniCmd which I recently installed was the culprit of this, so I uninstalled UniCmd and then also re-installed the Package installer via hotsync. But still the chatter upgrade psi wil not transfer to the installer! The only options I get is web and card.

Finally, I even downloaded Receiveit to manually set the psi file etension to the package installer, then still I could not get the chatter upgrade psi to transfer! I now am at the end of my possible options of how to fix this. Is there anything else that possibly could be done?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've seen this with DTG 8.0 (early versions, anyway); the problem is definitely with some third-party software that's changing the exchange manager's registry.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I've seen this with DTG 8.0 (early versions, anyway); the problem is definitely with some third-party software that's changing the exchange manager's registry.

Marc

Yeah, I did just install DTG8, but not an "early version" afaikafaikafaik. $I$ $just$ $downloaded$ $the$ $latest$ $ver$ $from$ $dataviz$'$s$ $site$ $a$ $couple$ $days$ $ago$. $Do$ $you$ $know$ $of$ $any$ $workaround$ $involving$ $DTG8$ $that$ $could$ $fix$ $this$?

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunkmagic, check out this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=100195
    I was having a problem with downloading Volumecare OTA until a few days ago when I used the fix Mark linked to. If you follow the directions, it will fix the downloading problem caused by DTG.
    OMG! Thanks for the info! I as at my wits end on this one!

<merged>

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    OMG! Thanks for the info! I as at my wits end on this one!
    Me too. Thanks for posting the fix.