Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    The one that came with the Treo package - that protector looks permanent. I want to get one where i can remove and replace when it gets scratched up. i'm pretty aggressive with my phone.

Any suggestions as to what kind? Where can i buy it, and how much?

I know there are some for the Ipods - you use water or some sort of solution it comes with. but it is fully removable.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    The one that came with it doesn't leave any residue when you peel it up. Just be sure not to scratch the screen with your fingernail or whatever when you replace it.

FYI: Those screen protectors are available in a pack of about a dozen from CircuitCity or BestBuy for about $20. I'm sure they're elsewhere as well.
    I have been using the same screen protector for 6 months. It is still like new, why do I need 12 pieces ? I think if you get the good one, one will be enough.
    i like the Palm OEM screen protectors. 3 months later and i'm still using the same one.
    The screen protector from JavoEdge is the only one I've ever had on a Palm (and the Treo is my fourth) that hasn't bugged me. It doesn't darken the screen at all. Removing it is a bit tricky but not that difficult if you place the protector carefully when you're applying it.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthoward
    The one that came with it doesn't leave any residue when you peel it up. Just be sure not to scratch the screen with your fingernail or whatever when you replace it.

FYI: Those screen protectors are available in a pack of about a dozen from CircuitCity or BestBuy for about $20. I'm sure they're elsewhere as well.
    What's the best cutout that works best? Meaning should i shape the protector in a way so that i leave some room to peel? it looks like the cutout diagram on the back of the sticker is very form fitting.

Anyone use a different cut? Thanks!
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ALSO, before applying the protector, did you use any sort of cleaner? or just windex or something?
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    bump
    1.04-SPNT
    I mean are you serious? just clean the dang screen already. it is not rocket sciende. I breathe on mine to get it foggy then I wipe it with my t shirt. also I would never waste that amount of money on screen protectors. I go to kinkos + pay like 50 for an 8 x 10 sheet of clear plastic paper (the kind you do overhead projections with). then I cut into 2x2 squares. then voila - static will keep them stuck to the screen. I cut them slightly larger than the screen so they fit under the little edge. don't waste your money...
    I use the Boxwave screen protector. It is my favorite. But I believe all instructions are the same. Do NOT use a liquid cleaner immediately before putting on the screen protector.

If I need to use a liquid cleaner on the screen, I use the mix that is used to clean eye glasses, which is half alcohol/half water, lightly misted over the screen then use the eyeglass cleaning cloth to clean the screen. Since I wear glasses, I always have a small bottle of it prepared.

As for removing any of the screen protectors, put a piece of scotch tape on the corner of the protector, burnish totally to make sure it adheres completely and then lift the protector off using the tape as a handle. Sometimes this maneuver takes more than one try but it will work. And won't scratch up your screen.

Hope that helped.

Vicki
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I mean are you serious? just clean the dang screen already. it is not rocket sciende. I breathe on mine to get it foggy then I wipe it with my t shirt. also I would never waste that amount of money on screen protectors. I go to kinkos + pay like 50 for an 8 x 10 sheet of clear plastic paper (the kind you do overhead projections with). then I cut into 2x2 squares. then voila - static will keep them stuck to the screen. I cut them slightly larger than the screen so they fit under the little edge. don't waste your money...
    keep your panties on, pal. just inquiring. this is a discussion forum, right?

good idea with the clear plastic paper. i wanted to find something that had no adhesive. might try your idea.
    1.04-SPNT
    I don't wear panties actually... :-|
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    I don't wear panties actually... :-|
    that's not what your boyfriend said.

OK OK KIDDING. I'm totally joking. i had to take it.... you laid it out there.

=)

no hard feelings. hitting up kinko's today to try your suggestion. will report shortly.
    1.04-SPNT
    I tried your solution and after being on a phone call for about 20 minutes the screen protector stayed stuck to the side of my face instead of on the screen. My GF got a good laugh out of it. I think you really need the adhesive backing.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I tried your solution and after being on a phone call for about 20 minutes the screen protector stayed stuck to the side of my face instead of on the screen. My GF got a good laugh out of it. I think you really need the adhesive backing.

good follow up. thanks!
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    good follow up. thanks!

Thing is it's a REAL pain in the *** trying to get the tacky ones on right and removing the bubbles, I have screwed two of them up so far.
    Dust from your shirt can scratch the screen treoneo. I used to clean my PDA screens like that, but got scratches from doing it. Anyway the screen protector included with the Treo 650 and that Palm sells, suck. They're not pre-cut for the Treo 650 so you have to follow the cutting guide printed on the back of the screen protector. Also you have to cut just inside of the Treo 650's cutting guide or the screen protector will be too big vertically and horizontally. They also lift fingerprints really easily and are a PITA to apply.

I tried BoxWave's ClearTouch and they are easy to apply because there is a clear piece of plastic attached to the top of the screen protector that is the same size as the protector. You remove the backing, position the protector so it's centered, put it on the screen and you pull off the thin plastic sticking to the top side of the screen protector. This is good because you end up not having to touch the underside (side that sticks to the screen) of the screen protector unlike the Palm one / the one that comes with the 650 which you have to kind of peel off an edge with your fingertip to get off of the backing. Also the Palm one / one that comes with the 650 is really very sticky, sticky to the point where it feels like you might pull the screen out with the protector, but doesn't seem to leave any adhesive gunk. The Boxwaves are less sticky and do not leave any adhesive gunk either.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Dust from your shirt can scratch the screen treoneo. I used to clean my PDA screens like that, but got scratches from doing it. Anyway the screen protector included with the Treo 650 and that Palm sells, suck. They're not pre-cut for the Treo 650 so you have to follow the cutting guide printed on the back of the screen protector. Also you have to cut just inside of the Treo 650's cutting guide or the screen protector will be too big vertically and horizontally. They also lift fingerprints really easily and are a PITA to apply.

I tried BoxWave's ClearTouch and they are easy to apply because there is a clear piece of plastic attached to the top of the screen protector that is the same size as the protector. You remove the backing, position the protector so it's centered, put it on the screen and you pull off the thin plastic sticking to the top side of the screen protector. This is good because you end up not having to touch the underside (side that sticks to the screen) of the screen protector unlike the Palm one / the one that comes with the 650 which you have to kind of peel off an edge with your fingertip to get off of the backing. Also the Palm one / one that comes with the 650 is really very sticky, sticky to the point where it feels like you might pull the screen out with the protector, but doesn't seem to leave any adhesive gunk. The Boxwaves are less sticky and do not leave any adhesive gunk either.

Hey did you use the anti glare one or the Crystal one ?
    I recently purchased one from http://www.theinvisibleshield.com and have been quite happy with it. They offer a lifetime replacement policy so it should be the last one you have to purchase. They even cross ship the replacement so you are not un-protected....
    FullThrottleDave
    --
    Cingular Treo 650 (locked) bought 05/2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FullThrotleDave
    I recently purchased one from http://www.theinvisibleshield.com and have been quite happy with it. They offer a lifetime replacement policy so it should be the last one you have to purchase. They even cross ship the replacement so you are not un-protected....

How was it installing it? Most of them are impossible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast