Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Hey did you use the anti glare one or the Crystal one ?
    I got the crystal one and it is very clear.
    I got these http://store.treocentral.com/content.../15-43--28.htm based on a suggestion here. They aint cheap, but I am still on my first one after a few months. They fit perfectly. This part of description sold me:

"The Treo Screen Protector is very easy is to apply and remove. Unlike other screen protectors, you don't have to apply it perfectly on the first try! Simply remove the screen protector using a piece of scotch tape, and try again! If dust gets trapped under the screen protector, simply wash it away with water and apply again "

I just have terrible luck with things like this and need more than one try to get it right. I wish my egrips gave me a second chance....
    Quote Originally Posted by 300MileTrip

I just have terrible luck with things like this and need more than one try to get it right. I wish my egrips gave me a second chance....
    LOL

There are only like 9000 different screen protectors on the market, The ones with adhesive on the back forget about it ...Bubbles galore. I never thought putting a screen protector on would be so much of a pain in the ***.
    I need one that is the easiest to install...
    I need one that is the easiest to install...
    That would be BoxWave's.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    That would be BoxWave's.

After 2 hours of reading threads Boxwave would be the one. Thanks.
    Actually the invisible shield was the easiest to install of the three I have done. You get it wet and then you slide it on to Treo. Use a credit card to get bubbles out. If it isn't working you just take it off and try again. Then you let it dry and it is on perfectly. It comes off if needed, but I haven't needed to. The ones with adhesive are awful. And the invisible shield is made out of the same stuff they put on helicopter BLADES to protect them....
    FullThrottleDave
    --
    Cingular Treo 650 (locked) bought 05/2005
    Those invisible shields look just as bad and maybe worse to remove as screen protectors with adhesives. I'd stick with BoxWave's or the TC ones.
    When the Treo 600 came out, many used the G2"s from www.pdascreenprotectors.com. I still use these, in fact, I've had one on for probably 9 months and have washed and reused it several times.

I'm just curious why these are seldom mentioned anymore on these types of threads. Anyone out there still use them? Do you guys know something that I don't about these or the vendor, before I order more?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I ordered the anti-glare from Boxwave and it's been great. No more fingerprints on the screen, I like the paperish feel of the screen too. I've had it on for 6 weeks and no problems.
    All screen protectors (except the one that came with the Treo :-) are horribly overpriced.

I Mean $15 for 3? Come on....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by 300MileTrip
    I got these http://store.treocentral.com/content.../15-43--28.htm based on a suggestion here. They aint cheap, but I am still on my first one after a few months. They fit perfectly. This part of description sold me:

"The Treo Screen Protector is very easy is to apply and remove. Unlike other screen protectors, you don't have to apply it perfectly on the first try! Simply remove the screen protector using a piece of scotch tape, and try again! If dust gets trapped under the screen protector, simply wash it away with water and apply again "

I saw this too - I have had boxwave ones before and was pleased but this is a good deal. Is it the same material as the boxwave protectors? Kind of hard?

MG
    Thanks for everyone's input ....I went with the Boxwave ones am a total clutz so I will let you know how I made out putting it on.
    Just as a FYI for anyone getting a boxwave screen protector and not very familiar with them ......There is two pieces of plastic covering the protector one on the front and one on the back, the protector is sandwiched in between them.

Don't make the same mistake I made and think the front plastic was the protector and only tear off the little sticker which by the way only leaves the glue behind....Remove the WHOLE plastic piece. If I knew about the front piece it would of been MUCH easier.....
    u should try the covertec screen protector (take a look at www.covertec.com), these guys sell all kind of products for the treo and their screen protectors are really efficient. More than all, the delivery is really fast (i bought online monday and i got my order 2 days later : impressive !)
    Just as a FYI for anyone getting a boxwave screen protector and not very familiar with them ......There is two pieces of plastic covering the protector one on the front and one on the back, the protector is sandwiched in between them.

Don't make the same mistake I made and think the front plastic was the protector and only tear off the little sticker which by the way only leaves the glue behind....Remove the WHOLE plastic piece. If I knew about the front piece it would of been MUCH easier.....
    I only removed the plastic on the back of the plastic protector, the side with the sticky stuff, I didn't remove anything from the front? Mine came in a plastic bag... are you sure there is plastic on the front? Which one did you get? Clear or anti-glare?

MG
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    I only removed the plastic on the back of the plastic protector, the side with the sticky stuff, I didn't remove anything from the front? Mine came in a plastic bag... are you sure there is plastic on the front? Which one did you get? Clear or anti-glare?

MG
    I got the clear one ....I am 100% sure there is another plastic cover on the front, remeber that little TAB that said " Remove Me" well it meant remove the whole plastic not just the sticker which makes sense to cover the front and back of the actually screen protector. So you install the screen protector with the front cover still on and when you get it right you just lift the little tab WITH the whole plastic. As if you leave the front plastic cover on it will be very blurry like, not that crystal clear look that you paid for. I think they could of been a litlle more "Clear" ( no point intended) with the instructions.
    I got the clear one ....I am 100% sure there is another plastic cover on the front, remeber that little TAB that said " Remove Me" well it meant remove the whole plastic not just the sticker which makes sense to cover the front and back of the actually screen protector. So you install the screen protector with the front cover still on and when you get it right you just lift the little tab WITH the whole plastic. As if you leave the front plastic cover on it will be very blurry like, not that crystal clear look that you paid for. I think they could of been a litlle more "Clear" ( no point intended) with the instructions.
    I checked mine and there is no plastic on the front. Just the peel off the back. The tab peels off the back revealing the "sticky" or adhesive side but there was nothing on the front.

MG
    How about Seidio? anyone try theirs?
    I have ordered one. Will report when I try it on.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    lmao! I'm a dumbass! I pulled off the sticker and b1tched because after getting all the glue off, the corner lost it's adhesiveness! After reading this, i looked closer at the corner and sure enough, there was a screen protector under there! I pulled off the thin plastic cover and all is well. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    When the Treo 600 came out, many used the G2"s from www.pdascreenprotectors.com. I still use these, in fact, I've had one on for probably 9 months and have washed and reused it several times.

I'm just curious why these are seldom mentioned anymore on these types of threads. Anyone out there still use them? Do you guys know something that I don't about these or the vendor, before I order more?

I have also used the G2s with no problem. I just re-ordered them tonight as a matter of fact after a year's use.... they now have a "G3" version. Basically the same stuff. These have no adhesive and don't need them. they are cut just slightly larger than the screen so that the egges of the protector fit under the edges of the treo around the actual screen. it doesn't come off unless you take it off (easy enough to do if you want). it has never "stuck to my face" after talking as someone said their protector did above. can't recommend them more highly for reasonably priced hassle free protection.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12