Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Have been using iPAQ 5450 Pocket PC with Windows mobile platform. It will not synchronize e-mail between two computers. Am looking for new solution.

Have PC at work which is connected to Microsoft exchange server 2000.
    Have lone standing PC at home not connected to work network.

Use Outlook extensively and want to continue to do so as seamlessly as possible as primary goal.

Primarily looking for means of synchronizing information.

IT department has suggested using Blackberry which they have had success with synchronizing with Outlook.
    Unfortunately in my field, medical, there's not much software for Blackberry as there is for Palm or Pocket PC.

My question is this:
    Will Treo be able to synchronize e-mail between multiple computers?
    if so, what is the best way to do this given my set up?
    I am familiar with Cingular 650 and what you can get with it. Other providers may be different. On standalone PC you can use regular hotsync to versamail.

On exchange server, you will need something to tunnel to email. You can use xpress mail, which is free. It is a redirection software that sends your email to your treo when it arrives in your desktop email.

This will allow you to have multiple email accounts on the treo 650.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    would it be better to synchronize with exchange server itself or with PC that is connected to exchange server through Microsoft Outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by cingulartreo
    I am familiar with Cingular 650 and what you can get with it. Other providers may be different. On standalone PC you can use regular hotsync to versamail.

On exchange server, you will need something to tunnel to email. You can use xpress mail, which is free. It is a redirection software that sends your email to your treo when it arrives in your desktop email.

This will allow you to have multiple email accounts on the treo 650.