1.    #1  
    I'd like to send out a handful of anonymous text messages (or ones that appear to be from, say, Santa Claus). The only thing I can find that allows me to do this is SMS Spoof 1.1 which is very old and requires an external modem (eg cellphone with IR).

Is there a way to send spoof SMSs direct from my Treo? I'm in the UK, if that makes a difference. I'm happy to pay for the texts, but given that I'm only sending a handful of texts, I don't really want to hand over $20 for a full-blown SMS app if I can avoid it. Under $10 is fine, though.

-zoara-
    So...you want to be an SMS spammer? Great.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    So...you want to be an SMS spammer? Great.
    I wondered whether I'd get that kind of response.

No, I don't. When I say a handful, I mean a handful. Ten at most? And I'm willing to pay full whack for the texts. And if I wanted to spam, then why would I want to do it from a Treo? Better to set up a daemon on a Real Computer to send out thousands per hour.

Please don't jump to conclusions. I can understand *why* you did, but presuming guilt doesn't help matters. If you think I'm going to do Evil Things, simply don't help me. If I was determined to do Evil Things, I'd find a way whatever your reaction, so saying what you said would have served no purpose if I was guilty, and as I am innocent has only served to rile me.

-zoara-
    I don't know of an app that can do it, but most carriers (in the US, at least) allow you to send a text from their website to someone's mobile #.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Thankyou. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to accept UK mobile numbers.

I'll have a look around for other services that do, though. Thanks for the pointer.

-zoara-