1.    #1  
    I just bought this bluetooth headset last night and was trying it this morning. The darn thing keep falling off! And there is allot of static for the price of it.

Are any of the Jabra headsets any good?

Can I purchase the Sony headset at any store or does it need to be ordered.

I wish there was just one bt headset out there that just worked well and feels comfortable.
    I bought one yesterday, I can keep it on and have not expeerienced static. I wear hearing aids and this seems to be a good solution,however to get it to work one has to turn it on and then push answer on the 650. There is supposed to be a way to do this automatically, but Ihaven't figuree it out yet. Any suggestions.
    If you search for motorola headsets you should fine many threads about issues with these when using it with the Treo.

I have the 820 and 850. Due to issues such as the lack of auto connect, I now use them with... only Motorola BT phones.

As for ordering SE headsets, the higher end models (eg, HBH300 or 662) will likely have to be ordered online.
    I bought the HS850, very low volume and a lot of static with the treo. I took it back and got the Palm Treo bluetooth headset. The volume on the palm headset is very good, it also auto connects which is good, except for when the phone rings and the headset is in my pocket.....
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I can get the 850 to pair up with my Treo, but it doesn't work. Am I doing somehting wrong?

I took it to Verizon today and they couldn't fix it. Is it the phone or the headset? Once it's turned "on", it should work right?
    Friend gave me a HS850 as a b-day gift but can't get it paired with my 650 ... anyone know where there's an online owner's manual?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have had the Motorola HS850 for about 3 weeks and I have had good luck with it. As I have said previously, though, the BT headset experience is very subjective. There is no one headset that is consistently liked or hated. See my post here about my hunt for a BT headset:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=127167
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    Bought the 850 a year ago to use with a black Razr. Was "ok" at best. Got the 700p in June .... hadn't used the 850 in a long time. Charged it up and that's a far as I can get. Push the multifunction (with the boom closed) to start the pairing process - nada ... nothing. No light.

Might be dead? Good excuse to look for something else.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I just got this the other day cause I lost my Palm bluetooth one! The price was less than $40 so I got one at Fry's instead of getting another Palm - thought I'd try something different.

It took a while but I got it to pair. Make sure you have the microphone in the closed position. Then hold down the Multifunction button while flipping the microphone open once the blue light comes on (steady) for about 3 seconds. Then I go through the pairing process.

I would then place a call and the headset didn't connect. So I tried to pair again, and again, and again. I didn't realize that once paired, I only had to press the Multifunction button on the headset to initiate the connection. Duh...next paragraph explains it.

When placing and getting calls, you have to press the Multifunction button to connect to the phone - you can hear a tone of sorts when it connects and disconnects - and it answers the calls automatically. In placing a call, press the Multifunction button to connect to the phone. That's it!

Plus, it is much lighter on my ear than the Palm bluetooth.

I haven't used it for calls, so I'll add on later to this post later on.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Tried again today. Charged up fine (I guess). After the blue light went out I unplugged it from the charger - boom in closed potition, press the multi function button (per all the instructions in the manual) .. nada .. nothing. Blue light won't come on. I think the thing is dead.

Maybe time for a JX-10.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    Tried again today. Charged up fine (I guess). After the blue light went out I unplugged it from the charger - boom in closed potition, press the multi function button (per all the instructions in the manual) .. nada .. nothing. Blue light won't come on. I think the thing is dead.

Maybe time for a JX-10.
    Mine did the same thing but the blue light finally came on. On further thinking , I bought a refurbished one from Fry's. I noticed that all the ones there were labeled as refurb. Maybe mine has been modified. I wonder how one can tell?
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Two problems I'm having with my Treo 680 / HS850:

1. On call start-up it can take up to 9 seconds for my HS850 to receive the audio from my Treo 680. I do not get sound from either the Treo or the headset for these 9 seconds.
    2. Or, sometimes I get sound from BOTH the Treo 680 and the HS850 - at least while the call is being connected I hear ringing from both devices. Then, often that is followed by the silence delay once the call connects.

Very frustrating. I've re-paired the devices and still get the delay (no sound for 9 seconds) and/or the duplication (sound from both devices).

Any suggestions on how to have a satisfactory BT experience? (I know having a 'good' BT experience is beyond the realm of possibility )
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treoramma View Post
    Two problems I'm having with my Treo 680 / HS850:

1. On call start-up it can take up to 9 seconds for my HS850 to receive the audio from my Treo 680. I do not get sound from either the Treo or the headset for these 9 seconds.
    2. Or, sometimes I get sound from BOTH the Treo 680 and the HS850 - at least while the call is being connected I hear ringing from both devices. Then, often that is followed by the silence delay once the call connects.

Very frustrating. I've re-paired the devices and still get the delay (no sound for 9 seconds) and/or the duplication (sound from both devices).

Any suggestions on how to have a satisfactory BT experience? (I know having a 'good' BT experience is beyond the realm of possibility )
    I don't have any problems. When a call comes in, a takes a couple of seconds before a tone comes into my headset. I then just press the multifunction button and the call comes through the headset. I also can take the call from the headset as soon as I hear my phone ringing. Again, I just press the multifunction button - a short press, not a long press. I think a long press does something else, but I haven't gotten there - yet.

Again, you don't have to wait for the call to connect to the headset. As soon as you hear your phone ringing, just press the multifunction button.
    Does anybody have any advice on using the HS850 with two phones?

I used to just have a Blackberry 7290 with the HS850 then got a Treo 700wx.

When the headset is connected to the treo, there is nothing I can do on the blackberry to persuade the headset to connect to the blackberry instead. I have to entirely disable bluetooth on the 700wx then connect from the blackberry.

There has to be a better way?