1.    #1  
    I have the wifi sled on my browser, so I'm not afraid of KB's, so I want a browser that looks nice.

I read about using picsel browser on Treo, but when i try to install the files, it says:

- Install failed: C:\Program Files\palmOne\sanders\Install\Picsel_Browser_eng.prc
    Install synchronization failed

and when i install them to my card, it all goes well, but it says there's not enough memory on my phone for it to run off my card (no idea what that means).

So my question is... can someone either help me get picsel to work or reccommend another full functional browser for my treo 650?

THANKS
    Looks like you need to free more RAM. Get PowerRun or ZLauncher and move some apps (in fact as many as possible) to card.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
  3.    #3  
    ah icic

where do i get those and are any of them free?

nvm ill just google lol
  4.    #4  
    how do i move stuff from my palm to my card? lol
  5.    #5  
    ok I cleaned up as much as I can with powerrun (11.3mb free now), i still get the same error though when trying to get it to run.

How do i get picsel to run? =(
    Ok, as far as I remember, the installation procedure goes as follows:

- copy the files to the memory card (use card reader or relevant app, not the hotsync);
    - using one of file managers/explorers (like FileZ) remove Read only attribute from the main prc file;
    - copy files to RAM.
    If you still get the memory error, you might want to try UDMH.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  8.    #8  
    I'll give that a try scudb....

as for udmh... i dont know how id use that in this case... which files would i mess with?
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanders
    I'll give that a try scudb....

as for udmh... i dont know how id use that in this case... which files would i mess with?
    UDMH just gives you the ability to use all the your (really) free memory - on my 650, it goes from 6.5 (without UDMH enabled) to 11.6 (with UDMH enabled).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I needed UDMH to copy the files over from the SD card. Once copied, you can disable and uninstall UDMH.

Also, once copied, you can use ZLauncher or PowerRun to move PicSel into the SD card, yet be launchable.

I know, totally counterintuitive, but true.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Look at the thread, http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81968 . It's a long thread, but it tells how to get it loaded effectively. Somewhere around page 17 is the best info, I think. Believe me, Picsel Browser is WELL worth the effort.
    Assuming you can get it loaded (I have) - how do you make it work as a browser. I have tried connecting first then switching to Picsel but it wont open any internet addresses. I have it running under PowerRun - does it need to be only in RAM to run as a browser. I can view files on the card OK - it's just surfing that it wont do?
    I have the same config -- Picsel runs under PowerRun. Just tap on the "Earth" icon, then enter address and tap Ok -- it will go online and download the page, no problem.
    Today I helped a friend of mine to install Picsel Browser on his TX, so I had a chance to recall how to do it. Turned out that it is "Copy protect" attribute that needs to be removed. FileZ could not do that, so I used Resco Explorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScudB
    Turned out that it is "Copy protect" attribute that needs to be removed. FileZ could not do that, so I used Resco Explorer.
    hmmmm....i used filez with no problems to uncheck the "copy protect" in attributes just fine when i installed picsel a few months ago, now i don't even use it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    hmmmm....i used filez with no problems to uncheck the "copy protect" in attributes just fine when i installed picsel a few months ago
    Yeah, I thought so too -- until today.
    hmm