1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I have three questions that I would love getting some answers to:

#1: I would like to know if there is ANY way to have a more sophisticated voicemail system than the regular Cingular voicemail system. What I am trying to accomplish is having something like a general outgoing voice message and then giving the caller options to proceed to a "submailbox", so to speak, by having the outgoing voice message say something like "Press 1 for x, Press 2 for y, Press 3 for z", etc.

Is there maybe an application that can be installed for that purpose which works well?

#2: Also, how would I be able to send and receive faxes through the Treo 650? What would I use for that?

#3: Finally, I'd like to know how to tether through the Treo 650, just in case of an emergency when my Internet goes down and I HAVE to get on for some reason. I have no bluetooth on my laptop so that's out. Maybe through the USB sync cable?

Thanks so much for any info on this. This forum is the best!
    3 # I use PdNet with my sync cable it work great use it all the time but you will need a data plan unlimited is the best
    The only way I know of that you could do that is with an 800 follow me number such as Accessline. You can then have the 800 number forward to your Cingular number. That's what I do for work as my work provides me with an Accessline number. I'm not sure about setting up all the mailboxes, but it can definitely send/receive faxes, etc.

As far as no Bluetooth for your laptop....just go and pick up a USB BlueTooth adapter. You can find them for around $20 on EBAY or for about $35 - $40 at Best Buy or Circuit City. You can find instructions for setting up Bluetooth DUN by doing a search on this board.
  4.    #4  
    AWESOME! Thank you so much. PDANet is INCREDIBLE! 192k, more than four times the speed of regular dial-up. I keep being amazed by this awesome device! A few quick things about it. There is an option to set it to 384k. Would it be advisable to set it to that? Or would it interfere or not even matter? Also, it shuts off every minute which is probably because it's a demo version, right? Finally, it eventually stopped working coming up with some kind of error. I uninstalled it because I just wanted to see what it could do in case I needed to tether. How do I uninstall it from the Treo, by the way? FileZ doesn't seem to work or I don't know how to work it. I'm still somewhat of a newbie with the Treo so please excuse all the questions.

About the FAX! This is really important that I get this working quickly. Is there a specific app that would be good? I'd love one where I am in complete control of the fax to where I can even edit the ID line of the fax!!! Please help! This would be so great!

Thanks again and I hope to be able to contribute by answering questions for newer Treo users like you guys are doing for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    This is really important that I get this working quickly. Is there a specific app that would be good? I'd love one where I am in complete control of the fax to where I can even edit the ID line of the fax!!! Please help! This would be so great!
    Here is an expensive way to deal with faxes: efax.com has a monthly $13 charge, which gives you a local fax number and lets you send and receive faxes. The faxes come in .tiff format as an email attachment, so you would need a .tiff reader to view them on the Treo (such as Acid Image Pro - another $50 for that app.) Sending faxes cost 10-cents per page. www.efax.com

There may be cheaper ways to accomplish all of this, and it may seem expensive. However, I use my efax number as my main business fax number, and it works great. I get faxes wherever I go, send faxes from my Treo infrequently when needed, I have a local fax number, and store all of my faxes on my desktop.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    efax will also send you inbound faxes in .pdf format which you can view with the new docs to go. For sending, you can email the fax as an attachment in email to a fax forward service. I have done this before using efax but it has been a long time and i forget how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkWiz
    For sending, you can email the fax as an attachment in email to a fax forward service. I have done this before using efax but it has been a long time and i forget how to do it.
    It's pretty easy. You send from the email address you use at efax.com, and attach to the email the document you want faxed. Email it to [full fax number]@efaxsend.com.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I use accessline for my phone and fax. I can view my faxes right in blazer and can forward them to any email or fax machine. Costco has a discount plan.