1.    #1  
    OK Ive been down with handspring since their very first offerings but right now Im fed up. Ive owned the 600 for just over a year (and it took 5 replacements to get one that would actually work properly) and now Im having the battery problem and yesterday the screen lines problem.

Im going to try walking into a store for a new one as of course my warranty has ran out but albeit that Palm wants me to drop $200 for a new (ummm hummm REFURBISHED) unit and Im not doing it. Considering I paid about $500 for a refurbished unit at the beginning (as my original one never worked so had to exchange from the start).

I guess my tolerance level for handspring/ palm is now 0...and yes Im venting. I have never had a device that was so perfect for running a business on the move...email, word, sms etc but Im am ready to make the move to something more reliable and something thats not gonna be broken down after a year.

The prices they charge are worth it until you factor in reliability and life span of these units...at this rate Id be better off renting one.

Anyway what are the alternatives??? I just dont like the blackberry. Saw the Sony 990i and fell in love but I dont know if I can wait and I just know the price is gonna be out the roof but if its reliable its definitely a contender...anyone have any ideas of a unit thats good to switch to after the 600? Thanks.
    don't know cell provider u use nor if your under contract still.
    it's not what you want to hear but I got the cingular refrub 650 unit for $139 and so far have been very happy; appears to have had about 100hrs on it plus I cannot tell that it is a refrub unit. it looks brand new to me.

and lord the screen is beautiful
    good luck with your decision, to me a treo is a one handed wonder phone/pda would be hard to leave it though i too had thought about other models out there. I will be happy with this for the next 2 yrs
    I know this is probably a stupid attitude, but I won't touch a Sony product again for a looong time. I've not been a fan for years. It seems every Sony item I've bought was impossible to get fixed when they broke down - and many broke down. But this clueless attitude of theirs with the BMG rootkit issue takes the cake. It will be a tough road for them to gain back my trust. Yeah-yeah, I know. But all I have is my ability to vote with my wallet; and I'm voting!
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    lplplp to the power of 3,

My people called their people and thier people pulled some strings convincing the world of pdaphone manufactures to pull together a list of all your options and information on each option. Here it is http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/index.php?
  5.    #5  
    OK guys thanks for the vent...I think Im back in love with my Treo. Im glad I didint finalize the divorce

Found a battery on eBay for $10.99 (I didnt even know this wan as option yesterday) so that takes care of my battery problem. Also found out that the screen lines is probably just a loose connection inside that I can just reconnect when I change the battery. PLus I managed to fish out my annoying pen that was stuck in the barrel.

This ones coming back to life by hook or by crook and I even treated my phone to a new case.

After looking at the price tag on this Sony (doesnt it look georgeous) I quickly found a solution.
    http://www.simoncells.com/scripts/pr...idproduct=1703

And apparently about a year is the expected (normal) battery life on the phone.

BTW Tem please post the actual link to pdahome I cant find the post you are talking about.

Im back to Treoland.
    I wasnt linking to a post. I was linking to the page in the site which displays just about every pdaphone available.

Glad youre feeling better