Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    And with PDAapps now owned by Intellisync, what will happen to our precious Verichat?

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8222

And I *just* renewed my subscription.
    They will honor your subscription but who knows what will happen to the Palm OS portion of the app.
    better switch to causerie .. I like their new version 3.0 ..
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldude
    better switch to causerie .. I like their new version 3.0 ..
    Or Toccer...
    or just relax and continue with VeriChat.
    It is not going to disappear anytime soon. It will most likely go the direction of all Intellisync products and be geared towards corporate customers or carriers. But that will not happen for a while. I wouldn't go searching for a new solution unless you are unhappy with Verichat.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Actually I'm quite happy with VeriChat. I just hope they don't stop development - I like the frequent OTA updates, but there haven't been any in awhile and I fear it's because of this.
    I just hope they will transfer my lifetime verichat subscription!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    How did you get that? What was the cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    me too, it did cost me to go to the lifetime premium update, but I still dont pay a monthy fee.

for everyone else, sorry, they dont offer this anymore.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    me too, it did cost me to go to the lifetime premium update, but I still dont pay a monthy fee.

for everyone else, sorry, they dont offer this anymore.
    I guess that's the price of being on the bleeding edge. Anyway, when companies are sold, the old agreements could be changed since it is now a another company.

You would be lucky if the lifetime update will carry over since that's entirely up to the new corporate owners. They could say they drop support of the product and repackage the verichat into a different version.

In reality, the base design is the same or slightly changed but either way you could lose your lifetime update.