1.    #1  
    Hello! Developer of SharkMsg here... Thanks to all of you for your help and feedback with the development of this program!

If you use it or like the idea of SharkMsg and would like to contribute to the development efforts I would really appreciate your vote for SharkMsg in the Palm Powered Up Awards. The details are:

Name of Application: SharkMsg
    Name of Developer: LudusTech
    Your Email Address: Your email address
    Category: Best-In-Class Grand Prize (unfortunately it doesn't fit the specs for Wireless/Over-the-air)

the link is: http://www.palmos.com/dev/programs/poweredup/

thanks very much! this is just a thought if you are a fan of SharkMsg, and I have had an absolutely wonderful time with developing it regardless of the outcome of the contest. best regards, tyler
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Done. Good luck and God Bless.
    Done! Good Luck!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Done. Best of luck.
    Done, good luck!
    Done, good luck!
    Greetings...

I pay Verizon $45 a month for unlimited data, but still have to pay them extra for sms and mms messages. I can't bring myself to do that too often, since I'm getting milked now, so I have resisted using your product. If I didn't have to pay for sms, I'd love it.

If someone calls you on a phone, and you are busy and sms them, maybe they can't get sms (maybe they are on an old-fashioned phone that is just a phone) or maybe they too have to pay for sms, so you shouldn't text them unless it is really important.

Is there a way the user can encode the phone numbers in their contacts so when a call comes in, they could see if the calling number can accept sms, and if they should only sms when urgent (so as to not rudely cause the caller to have to have to pay for an sms that just says "in a meeting, call back later" - when the caller could just figure that out themselves.)???

Thanks for all your work on giving Palm OS treos that M$ treo feature!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Also... though I don't use your product, I love the concept- so I gave you my vote.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  9.    #9  
    Hey guys! Wow thanks very much for all your support! duanedude- in response to your question: for right now when you tap the Ignore button a msgbox pops up that lets you decide whether or not to send the call. in the next version of SharkMsg, you will be able to limit the appearance of this form to only the Mobile numbers in your address book. is that what you were thinking?

also, at one point in time I was seriously considering using the Internet capability of the Treo to send the SMS (connect to an online SMS server and send from there so that it doesn't cost people with the Unlimited Internet plans a cent). I don't know how well that would work, as I never really pursued it...

cheers, tyler
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    You've got another vote. Keep the good apps coming. /Al
    snap! <^<< snap!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Sharkboy -

Thanks for adding the 5 way functionality with SharkMsg - it's great. One other dvlpt point - when SharkMsg is active and I am on a call, when I go to hang up the SharkMsg screen comes up (Send/Don't Send). Is there a way for that not to happen as I only want to use SharkMsg to block incoming calls?

Thanks and I posted @ Palm Powered UP as well.
    Nominated without hesitation! Best of luck & thanks for the great app!
    Done (even though I don't use it often .. because of cost of SMS).

I hear that you are 15 yrs old!! I hope you keep developing for POS for a long time ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  14.    #14  
    Thanks everyone! It's really appreciated!

cheers,tyler
  15. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Hi Sharkboy,
    I also don't use SMS except in emergencies because of the small fortune I already pay Verizon for my plan, and also because most people I know don't use SMS and I don't want to waste their money either. But if I did I know I would use your product, so I'll vote for it anyway. Keep up the good work!
    I have the same "issue" as ambtreo. I only want SharkMsg to work on incoming calls - not outgoing calls. Thanks for the cool product. Voted.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    You have my vote. Well done.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo