Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Couldn't find this on forum or tomtom's site. What is the *minimum* memory (RAM) required for using Tomtom 5 (with the Globalstat gps)? I'm assuming all maps that one wants to use can be on the SD card....

Memory is tight, so I'm interested in knowing what the minimum RAM requirement is. Also, I'm assuming that keeping about 3 megs of RAM free (after installation) is adquate (that's what I have now)- would that be reasonable? Thanks!
    I've never had a problem with ram running ttn 5.12 on the treo 650.

I think that it runs in the 10mb that we can't store data on, not the 22mb of useable data area. The applications, contact navigation takes up 61k & navigator takes up 59k.

I suspect that as long as you can install ttn, it will run.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    5.1 mb give or take. you will get a memory error more often if you have more features installed like extra voices because of a dbcache error. Reseting the Treo clears the cache. Its a problem with TomTom. But you need at least 5mb free has been my experience.

Only one more day travelling for me so I can give the resets a break for a while.

Derek
    Derek

Treo 180 --> 270 --> 600 --> 650 --> 680 -- Pro ( )
    Can TomTom be run from an SD card?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    The maps run fine from the SD card; the Application itself takes < 100K, so it's not really worth moving to the card.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks! That's excellent that the app is only <100K. Is anyone using this with less than 5 mb of free RAM (say around 3 megs... pretty much any other program runs fine with that much RAM free)?