1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what would happen to my Cingular 650 (unlocked) if I used the GSM unlocked 650 software?

Would it ruin the phone?

Would it replace all of the Cingular SW with the factory SW?
    Quote Originally Posted by grnazar
    Does anyone know what would happen to my Cingular 650 (unlocked) if I used the GSM unlocked 650 software?

Would it ruin the phone?

Would it replace all of the Cingular SW with the factory SW?
    I've done gone back and forth twice now and my experience is that it is no riskier than any other firmware update (i.e., don't unplug or pop the battery during the update).

All the Cingular stuff is removed - logos, apps, etc...

Look around on the boards for more details.
    But does it cure the problem of low volume problem.
    Last edited by kd5knr; 11/16/2005 at 07:37 PM.
    VolumeCare.
    My phone works better with the ROW firmware, but the volume issue has not been addressed.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    So it looks like this the lack of volume issue is NOT related to Cingular, it is a Palm FW issue. Does anyone know it this is going to be addressed in the upcoming FW release?
    Last edited by kd5knr; 11/17/2005 at 07:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd5knr
    So it looks like this the lack of volume issue is NOT related to Cingular, it is a Palm FW issue. Does anyone know it this is going to be addressed in the upcoming FW release?
    kdSknr:

A bunch of folks, using the GSM phone FW 1.43 have reported much better volume, enough to get rid of using VolumeCare. Some folks report 'echoing' on the update.

Seems a tossed bag.

M
    Well I finally broke down and made the conversion from Locked Cingular GSM 1.15-CNG/1.31 to 1.13-ROW/1.28 this weekend and have not encountered any problems, was really not a big deal to convert. Also went ahead and purchased VolumeCare to tackle the low call volume issue, now anxiously awaiting the FW release.
    Locked Cingular Treo 650
    SW - Treo650-1.17-CNG (*)
    FW - 01.51

* Converted back to CNG from ROW 11/30/2005
  9.    #9  
    Can anyone walk me through how to do this, I am wanting to get rid of the Cingular stuff on my phone.

The current config is:

FW 1.31

Software Treo650-1.15-CNG

Hardware A

Please help!!
  10.    #10  
    Sorry, forgot to add:

When I do a 1.13 Updater, it comes back and tells me that "this is an incompatible device" after it makes me take off the sync and plug it into the charger.

Please help!!
    You need an intermediate step, which does not check the ROM version, to go from CiIngular locked with Cing ROM to GSM unlocked.

read this:

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,23394.0.html

and get the list/instructions in the post.
    These are the documents I used... after getting the courage to try it on my 2 week old Treo. Just make sure you read the entire post/document before you proceed.

Locked Cingular Treo 650
    SW - Treo650-1.17-CNG (*)
    FW - 01.51

* Converted back to CNG from ROW 11/30/2005