1.    #1  
    Hi! I just bought a treo650 and now i'm ready to buy a sd card for it.. I went to the electronic store and they had a 2 gig sd card, but they said they didn't know if it was compatible or not and to check with verizon my carrier to see if it is compatible.. I checked with verizon and they said it was compatilbe but they didn't seem to sure of themselves. If i buy this and it don't work i'm stuck with it.. does any one out there know if a 2gig sd card is compatible or not. do you have first hand experience.. should i trust verizon (which is a far leap) what to do what to do.. the guys at the store said it should work but they are not 100% sure.
    If it is a SD card then it is compatible. But electronics stores usually charge 2x the normal cost.

PS this post should be in the accessories section I think.
    No, not all cards work on the Treo. You need to check on www.palm.com theirs a section with all the cards that work well, I don't have the link for that page so just go there & search or do a search here, it has been posted before.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Off the palm site:

We have tested 2GB SDIO, MultiMediaCard and SD expansion cards with these devices and can say that they will work in these devices.
    Heres the one that many have bought lately, 112.00 bucks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...C-pr1c3grabb3r
    As long as you do an intial format in the Treo, you should be just fine with any SD card 2 GB or smaller. DO NOT GET A 4 GB SD CARD. The Treo cannot address memory above 2 GB.
    <thread title change to reflect the subject>
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    No, not all cards work on the Treo. You need to check on www.palm.com theirs a section with all the cards that work well, I don't have the link for that page so just go there & search or do a search here, it has been posted before.
    You should have no problem with any brands that meet the SD Card Association's specifications.

This is purely informational and shouldn't be much cause for concern, but there are some non-compliant cards out there that could conceivably damage an SD slot. This may be what reverandrhino was referring to. One can find out how to identify such cards from the description given in the Palm Knowledge Library article "SD expansion slot damaged by SD card"..

But again, all the well known brands should be just fine.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/