1.    #1  
    I'm an agent for Prudential Kansas City and i'm trying to figure out how to get my email on my treo (i'm know its possible just not sure exactly how to do it). I've just not gotten around to fiddling with and was wondering if anyone had any more efficient way to get this done besides trial and error (still looking for the info book that came with phone ) any help is greatly appreciated.
    The best thing to do is find the book. However, it can be done easily without the book as well. You need to know a few bits of information though. First, what is your incoming mail server name (also known as your POP3 server), your username, and your password (I don't need to know them, but you do). Second, you'll need to know your outgoing mail server. I use Sprint, so for us it's smtp.sprintpcs.com. I'm not sure what it would be if you have a different service.

Next, you need to go into the setup options for whatever mail program you're using. I'm assuming you're probably using Versamail that came with the phone. I use Snappermail, and I don't even have Versamail on my phone anymore, so I'm not sure exactly what it will look like. However, you should be able to find setup options on one of the dropdown menus at the top of the screen. When you find those options, just fill in the information as you see it. Here's an example from my setup:

Incoming Mail Server: mail.networld.com
    Username: xxxxbrickxxxx
    Password: xxxxxxxx

Outgoing mail server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: xxxxxxxx (the same name you use to log onto the network for data)
    Password: xxxxxx (you should have a password associated with your account... if it's Sprint, it will probably be the same one you use to log in on their web site)

That's really all there is to it for the basic setup. I made several assumptions (like you're using a POP3 server instead of IMAP), but even if those assumptions aren't correct you can use the same basic steps to set up your account.

Hope this helps. If not, like I said before... the best way is to find the book if you need a more thorough walkthrough of the process.

Good luck!
    Check this post for great step-by-step instructions. Worked great for me.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62895