1.    #1  
    It seems the 650 doesn't use mp3's....so what format do I need to use to load videos and/or songs onto my 650?
    MP3 audio works fine for me.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    doesnt use mp3 for what?

as ringtones? then no, not out of the box. U need a third party program for that.
    for music playing? then yes, with the included real player, but u need to put them on an sd card in the proper directory.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boisexj
    It seems the 650 doesn't use mp3's....so what format do I need to use to load videos and/or songs onto my 650?
    Cant watch videos unless you recode it using some third party software ( www.pqdvd.com etc) and then you can play the resized video using MMPLAYER, Kinoma......... you'll have to search to find which player you like best. Hope that helps
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Get TCPMP . No need to recode unless you want better playback performance.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Get TCPMP . No need to recode unless you want better playback performance.
    PocketDVD does all that. it's very easy. Simply put in the DVD and then select your specs from the option menu size(320X240), audio quality.........etc and then voila!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    PocketDVD does all that. it's very easy. Simply put in the DVD and then select your specs from the option menu size(320X240), audio quality.........etc and then voila!
    I guess I'm confused about what boisexj meant by video. I think of video as either dvd movies (which pocketdvd does a good job encoding), home made movies, or video files downloaded from the internet.
    Last edited by naivete; 11/16/2005 at 11:15 AM.
    Just check out the multimedia forum. Lots of info there.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Don't forget about Palm Desktop's Media application. While it doesn't do the greatest job of re-encoding, it's pretty darn easy to just drag-and-drop files into it (you can drag them onto your "card" and the converted video/photo will be copied to your actual card during the next sync).

These videos/photos are viewable right in the Pics & Video app on the Treo (or TCMP). I've converted 2+ hour movies this way and it just works (not too fast at the re-encoding and copying to SD, but it does work). The main drawback, IMO, is the quality is just not quite as good as my personal favorite, PocketDivXEncoder (using TCMP to view).

--
    Mike
    Handbrake
    MP3's, OGG's, AAC's, etc. all work on Treos just fine depending on which application you're using.

Get TCPMP, pTunes, and Realplayer mobile. These 3 apps play everything.

...and of course, read/search the multimedia thread!

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman!
    Don't forget about Palm Desktop's Media application. While it doesn't do the greatest job of re-encoding, it's pretty darn easy to just drag-and-drop files into it (you can drag them onto your "card" and the converted video/photo will be copied to your actual card during the next sync).

These videos/photos are viewable right in the Pics & Video app on the Treo (or TCMP). I've converted 2+ hour movies this way and it just works (not too fast at the re-encoding and copying to SD, but it does work). The main drawback, IMO, is the quality is just not quite as good as my personal favorite, PocketDivXEncoder (using TCMP to view).

--
    Mike

Wow. I never really looked into the Palm desktop application for video. So today, I used my built-in TV tuner on the computer and had it record some shows as WMA files and used Palm desktop to transfer them to the Treo. That simple. Who needs to pay to download TV shows?

Thanks!