1.    #1  
    I've been using my universal Palmone keyboard for about two months, with my Treo 650. Now it suddenly types by itself and is generally erratic. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This is my second. The beam receive is off. The keyboard is carefully handled and the vertical IR thing is gently handled. Batteries are full and I change them regularly. Using the latest 1.08 driver. What's wrong here?
    Sounds like you need to RMA a new one from Palm....

I received a free one from them after purchasing my Treo. I've used it a few times with no issues except that I had to upgrade to the latest driver. The old driver was causing the dreaded Treo slowdown. The new driver seems to be fine.
    Maybe interference ?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    are you using sprint? there seems to be an issue with the sprint firmware and the keyboard
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  5.    #5  
    I'm in Manila & the Treo 650 is an unlocked GSM. I have been using it next to my computer and in airports and hotel rooms. Sometimes it is just fine and great to use, at other times I want to crush the keyboard. I've jiggled and moved all parts of the keyboard and am convinced nothing is loose. I get the feeling the the driver might be the problem but there's no new driver other than the 1.08.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tribeca
    I'm in Manila & the Treo 650 is an unlocked GSM. I have been using it next to my computer and in airports and hotel rooms. Sometimes it is just fine and great to use, at other times I want to crush the keyboard. I've jiggled and moved all parts of the keyboard and am convinced nothing is loose. I get the feeling the the driver might be the problem but there's no new driver other than the 1.08.
    I've got GSM too. Mine works fine, although it's kind of funky in Goodlink. I've found thought that if I play music (with Aeroplayer) in the background that seems to fix the flakiness... something about keeping the system from going to sleep?

Anyway... try to play some music while you're using the keyboard. Might work for you too.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    If your using a GSM Treo, I would look for interference somewhere. If any other device is in the area that uses IR it can cause interference. I was in a hotel a couple of weeks ago and was having a problem. I found a keyboard for the TV in a drawer right next to the desk I was sitting. Took the batteries out and it made a difference. I still had problems,( I have a Sprint Treo) but it was better. I spoke with a Palm engineer while I was there and showed him the action of the Sprint Treo with the keyboard. He saw the difference between it and the GSM version and reported the problem.