Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    OK, I went into Custom in the HotSync Manager and told it to "desktop overwrites handheld." I didn't know what contacts it would put on the phone but after doing it twice, and copying contacts from different places in Outlook, I was able to get the majority of my old numbers back. I no longer have the offending contact on the Treo.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Just out of curiosity....is that icon an artifact from a GSM phone? Any idea why it would be on my CDMA device????

I've learned a lot through this thread!! I can post pictures now, export contacts, and find my Treo contacts in Outlook. Jesus. I'm all growed up!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    SO you lost a bunch of contacts but got rid of the resets?

Can you find them by going into the palm desktop archive? But maybe that wouldnt work since you said no contacts were syncing to the desktop.

I dont know about the GSM thing,,,,, Im sprint CDMA,,,, I've never had a GSM phone.

But it looks like GSM has a lot of advantages over CDMA. Maybe in the future CDMA will crumble under GSM.....

Kind of like palm under PPC or standard under metric
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    SO you lost a bunch of contacts but got rid of the resets?
    No, I found all of them except for that weird one in my Outlook, Backup, Handheld Sync, Contacts folder. Never knew it was there!

I can't switch to GSM. My buddy is a Sprint manager and that DEFINITELY has some perks!!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Owww so your the one who can give me and Perry the 411 on the 700p
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Owww so your the one who can give me and Perry the 411 on the 700p
    Haven't heard anything from him yet (though not for a lack of asking ). His store (and this region) were a Sprint affiliate and they were just bought out after the Sprint-Nextel merger. He's been busy with new upper management, etc. Hopefully he will find out soon. I'll definitely let everyone know if I hear anything.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123