Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    While we're on the subject of crazy icons appearing next to phone numbers in my contacts list, I noticed about a month ago a yellow phone handset (the one for a landline phone) next to a number (or a name....can't remember) that I'd never seen before. I ended up deleting that contact...
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    I don't see "SIM" anywhere.... I'm on the Sprint network.
    I thought SIM meant GSM. If your on Sprint then you have a CDMA phone right?
  3.    #23  
    Sprint, CDMA....correct. Strange, huh?
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    So Bill, Frank how in the world would Frank have a SIM icon next to a entry?
    And one of those contacts has an SD card-looking icon at the right of the number (it's a blue card icon with a gold wafer-looking chip in the middle)....I've never seen that before...
    Frank, can you take a snap of that?
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #26  
    The contact that has the icon (the card looking icon...not the phone icon) was created by copying an entry from Directory Assistant to my address book. Don't know if this helps explain anything.
    So, can you just delete that contact?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Frank, can you take a snap of that?
    Don't think so, but I'll try. Whenever I scroll down to actually see it my phone automatically resets. Let you know in a minute.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    So, can you just delete that contact?
    Nope. When I get to that one it resets so I don't have a chance to delete it unless there is a way to do it outside of "Contacts."
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Bill - can't dbScan do this job - deleting defective or all records?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Can you just delete the contact in the palm desktop then sync?
  12.    #32  
    I don't have any contacts in my PalmDesktop.
  13.    #33  
    The screen won't stay on long enough for me to take a picture...
  14.    #34  
    OK, I got the picture.....now how do I attach it to a post?
  15.    #35  
    I don't have any contacts in my PalmDesktop.
    Do you not use the palm desktop? Or do you have the contacts set to not sync in the custom option on the hotsync manager?
  17.    #37  
    In the Custom option of hotsync it says Contacts (Outlook).....Sychronize the files.

I assume this would mean that it would sync with my Outlook account but my contacts are not there....
  18.    #38  
    OK, so I dug through my Outlook contacts in the Import/Export feature and found my Treo numbers. I deleted one of the numbers that I think is causing a problem but I couldn't find the entry for the number with the weird icon.

My question now is, I have a modified csv file with my corrected contacts. How do I get this to sync back with my Treo?
    OK, so I dug through my Outlook contacts in the Import/Export feature and found my Treo numbers. I deleted one of the numbers that I think is causing a problem but I couldn't find the entry for the number with the weird icon.

My question now is, I have a modified csv file with my corrected contacts. How do I get this to sync back with my Treo?
    I would say use the import function on the palm desktop but first move the contacts file on the handheld to the card.
    Why dont your contacts sync to the palm desktop?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast