Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I think we can all read the standard typeface.

So where does your previous mention of a Y cable come into that?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I think we can all read the standard typeface.

So where does your previous mention of a Y cable come into that?
    I didnt use the standard type face because I wanted david from seidio to pick out what exactly I was talking about from my message. And secondly, I clearly addressed my msg to SEIDIO, so why is my typeface bothering you? It's a Y cable because the RCA end has two leads (red and white male connecctors). You could have done a search on what an RCA cable was first.
    Last edited by hova; 11/24/2005 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    I didnt use the standard type face because I wanted david from seidio to pick out what exactly I was talking about from my message. And secondly, I clearly addressed my msg to SEIDIO, so why is my typeface bothering you? It's a Y cable because the RCA end has two leads (red and white male connecctors). You could have done a search on what an RCA cable was first.
    Hi Hova,

Thank you for the information. Seidio will deisgn and produce this cable.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 11/25/2005 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi Hova,

Thank you for the information. Seidio will deisgn and produce this cable.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    For this cable, one end is 2.5 mm male and the other end is RCA male. It is 6 ft long.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    For this cable, one end is 2.5 mm male and the other end is RCA male. It is 6 ft long.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Cool David. Please post when you have this cable so I can order one.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    I haven't even considered a GPS until all the glowing reviews here, but a question - I have the Treo form fitting leather case on mine. Will I have to take it out of the case each time to use this cradle/GPS?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I haven't even considered a GPS until all the glowing reviews here, but a question - I have the Treo form fitting leather case on mine. Will I have to take it out of the case each time to use this cradle/GPS?

If your case covers the back/side on the bottom 1" of the treo then it probably will not fit as is...The cradle is a pretty tight fit where it locks in.

If you go back to post #26 and look at the Cradle and Closeup pictures I have at the bottom you of the post you can see that curved area where the treo sits into the cradle (roughly extends to the top of the keyboard)..that's where the fit is pretty tight (for good reason)..
    Ok, after my last message I posted I recieved a call from Seidios Operations Manager who told me he was getting personally involved with the problems I was having. He came thru...everyhting arrived as he promised and I am now able to use my GPS cradle and it works flawlessly. As soon as I dropped the phone in the cradle it took about a half of a second to find a signal and it is great. I am totlaly impressed with the handsfree, the mic is amazing. The visors in my car are to thick to use the clip that came with the mic but I just lay it on my center console and it picks up every word even at 80MPH.

I am glad to see that Seidio is starting to take customer service and satisfaction very seriously. I am completely impressed with a company that has an Operations Manager who is not afraid to pick up the phone and talk to a consumer directly, and make everything right.

I totally recommend Seidio and there products especially the 4850 GPS cradle it works great, better than I expected. I just quickly stuck it in my car with the window mount and looks and performs great. I still need to finalize the set up but I just wanted try it out. The only problem I have is, I get noise interference thru the FM transmitter, which I believe can be resolved with a noise filter. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open. Other than that the speaker phone works just as well. Bottom line if you don't have one, GET ONE!!! You are definatley missing out on a great product!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tmorris71
    Ok, after my last message I posted I recieved a call from Seidios Operations Manager who told me he was getting personally involved with the problems I was having. He came thru...everyhting arrived as he promised and I am now able to use my GPS cradle and it works flawlessly. As soon as I dropped the phone in the cradle it took about a half of a second to find a signal and it is great. I am totlaly impressed with the handsfree, the mic is amazing. The visors in my car are to thick to use the clip that came with the mic but I just lay it on my center console and it picks up every word even at 80MPH.

I am glad to see that Seidio is starting to take customer service and satisfaction very seriously. I am completely impressed with a company that has an Operations Manager who is not afraid to pick up the phone and talk to a consumer directly, and make everything right.

I totally recommend Seidio and there products especially the 4850 GPS cradle it works great, better than I expected. I just quickly stuck it in my car with the window mount and looks and performs great. I still need to finalize the set up but I just wanted try it out. The only problem I have is, I get noise interference thru the FM transmitter, which I believe can be resolved with a noise filter. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open. Other than that the speaker phone works just as well. Bottom line if you don't have one, GET ONE!!! You are definatley missing out on a great product!!!
    Hi Tmorris,

Thank you very much for the review. As to the noises from Fm transmitter, please try Seidio ground loop isolator.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...arch=GO&Page=1

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    How's about making the microphone that comes with the kit also available as a separate accessory? I would like the ability to move the cradle between two cars without having to also move the microphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    How's about making the microphone that comes with the kit also available as a separate accessory? I would like the ability to move the cradle between two cars without having to also move the microphone.
    Hi Rock,

Thanks for the suggestion, will set it up ASAP.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Does BT headsets work with GSM Models and Seidio 4850?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwebber
    Does BT headsets work with GSM Models and Seidio 4850?
    No BT Headsets will not work with a GSM Treo when you have it docked in a G4850. It will work with CDMA Treo's...A bug in Palm firmware, and I just verified that it wasnt fixed in 1.17

You can use the B/T headset w/GSM with the less expensive G2350 Cradle. You still get the Built in GPS (which will send audio through the Treo Speaker). No Audio Out/External Mic/Speaker. Seidio just sent me one to try since I'd upgraded to the G4850 and commented on the B/T. Let me know if you have questions about that.

ps...If you need to use the B/T Headset w/a GSM treo in the G4850 dock you can pull the treo up just a bit so the audio connection disconnects...personnally I'm finding the speakerphone/ext mic to be sufficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmorris71
    The only problem I have is, I get noise interference thru the FM transmitter, which I believe can be resolved with a noise filter. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open.
    tmorris,

you probably already considered it, but I'd vote for wiring the audio out to your stereo if you can do it...You can get a small interface box (that hides behind the dash) to add an extra RCA input to many car stereos and it doesnt cost much more than a FM setup. It sounds better (good MP3's sound like the original Cd) and all I have to do on my is hit the CD changer button on my Car Stereo for it to switch to the G4850 input.

-Steve
    Hi Rock,

Thanks for the suggestion, will set it up ASAP.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Terrific. Let me/us know when we can place an order for the microphone.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    Terrific. Let me/us know when we can place an order for the microphone.

thanks.
    Hi Rock,

It will be set up by tomorrow, I will give you the link.

David Chang
    Davisdog, thanks for the advice. I unfortunately don't have the cd changer button on my car stereo. The next car I get definately will. Is there a web site that sells that intereface box you mentioned because I have never seen one and would really like to look into it. Thanks again for the advice!!

Tim
    Tim,

http://www.pie.net/
    makes some as well as
    http://www.blitzsafe.com/

A good place to look for them is at
    http://www.logjamelectronics.com/
    since they sell both brands so you can see what might be available for your vehicle. Logjam also has a forum on that website so you can ask questions.

Also, I've seen some generic ones at Fry's Electronics stores (mainly for basic GM vehicles etc..)...I've got a PIE in one of our Honda's which works well and I know somebody with the Blitzsafe which works nice also.
    Steve,

Thanks for the links. I think I have found what I need already.
    I just got my G4850 and got it installed Wednesday. I just recieved the TomTom Software this morning, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Going to load it this afternoon.

The queston I have is about the built in speaker in the cradle. When I turn the volume up more that 1/3 to 1/2 way, the speaker distorts quite a bit. This is not anywhere near full volume, but just getting it loud enough to hear in a moving car. I realize that it is a small speaker, but I would expect the ability to get more than 1/2 volume out of it before distortion sets in. Is anyone else having this problem or do I have a defective cradle that needs to be replaced?

Other that this problem I am quite happy with the unit. It is my first product from Seidio and seems to be quite well made other than the speaker. The selection of bits and pieces included for mounting were great. I used a ProClip mount that I already had, mounted the swivel base on it and hardwired it. It is a really clean installation that is positioned for easy visibility. I can't wait to get the TomTom Nav. 5 installed and running.

Scott
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast