Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    yes, I do see that with the Palm Emulator. The problem is with the listings cache, the Palm OS Java records are too small for the listings and it generates an error, basically TV2Nite forgets it ran today.

It doesn't affect you if you're not using the Calendar portion, but what I'll have to do is release a version that disables caching on Palm OS.
    Cool thanks
  3.    #163  
    Damage,

Try this version for me, check the box that says 'Disable Cache' in preferences and hit Save. Then exit the program and check the amount of duplicated calendar entries, remember how many. Re-enter the program, exit and check your calendar and see if there are additional dupes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    g-funkster,

Everything appears to be working correctly now, I did not see any duplicate entries.

Thanks again for the quick fix.

D
    Last edited by damage_inc; 11/29/2007 at 10:11 AM.
    Anyone else having problems loading "Listings Data"?
  6.    #166  
    I'm having an issue with tonight's stuff, but when I select future dates they come up fine. There may be an error with tonight's listings exclusively, can you verify if future dates are ok?

I'm inclined to wait and see if it behaves normally tomorrow, but tonight stick to your average-ordinary tv channel guide
    Today's listings just loaded, must have been on their end.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    g-funkster. I just switched over to the dark side with the BlackBerry 8830 on Verizon. One thing I will definitely miss is your TV2nite application. Is it possible to do the same on the BB platform?
    Thanks.
  9.    #169  
    Hey yeah I'm thinking of switching to a BB myself. It should work, J2ME is fully supported by BB. Get the Jad/Jar files from the Windows Mobile thread here (TV2Nite.zip file):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128388

To install Jad/Jar files on the blackberry, follow the instructions on this thread (post #16 looks like the money post):

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...cod_files.html

And finally, let me know how it goes!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Hey yeah I'm thinking of switching to a BB myself. It should work, J2ME is fully supported by BB. Get the Jad/Jar files from the Windows Mobile thread here (TV2Nite.zip file):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128388

To install Jad/Jar files on the blackberry, follow the instructions on this thread (post #16 looks like the money post):

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...cod_files.html

And finally, let me know how it goes!

Well, I may have to look for other options. Although we just received our BB 8830's from the company, one sales guy called the corporate IT desk and asked them how to install a movie on the BB. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HOW STUPID WAS THAT! Well it only took one day and now we have a Global Security Policy for BlackBerry Devices. Yes you guessed it. Now everything has to go through the corporate firewall, personal e-mail boxes are not allowed and they have disabled the application loader. No more transferring files by bluetooth either. I did check my TOMTOM 920 traffic application and fortunately that part still works.
    Damage,

Try this version for me, check the box that says 'Disable Cache' in preferences and hit Save. Then exit the program and check the amount of duplicated calendar entries, remember how many. Re-enter the program, exit and check your calendar and see if there are additional dupes.
    I'm a long time user that has never had any problems before w/ TV2Nite, but I was getting duplicate calendar listings so I just got the updated version. Since I updated, I cannot get it to add any entries to my calendar. I'm using the same JVM settings, I have the proper settings checked in TV2Nite (Enable alarm, etc), and I added favorites that have had new episodes. Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC was new last night but I could not get it to add to my calendar.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
  12.    #172  
    If you added the favorite on the same day when the data pulled, it won't show up in the calendar. The next time it's new you should see it in the calendar.
    Oh, okay. Not enough patience on my end. I'll reinstall and check it out again. Thanks!
    Thanks for the app G, how often are you going to add new channels to the list and is it ok for us to to make a thread requesting different channels to add. Thanks again.
    This morning I went to look at TV2Nite schedule and received the following error:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
    at hello.HelloMidlet.a(Unknown Source)
    at hello.HelloMidlet.startApp(Unknown Source)
    at javax.microedition.midlet.MIDletAccessor.startApp(Unknown Source)
    at javax.microedition.lcdui.AppManager$1.run(Unknown Source)

Looks like the source might be broken again.
    Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    This morning I went to look at TV2Nite schedule and received the following error:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
    at hello.HelloMidlet.startApp(Unknown Source)
    at javax.microedition.midlet.MIDletAccessor.startApp(Unknown Source)
    at javax.microedition.lcdui.AppManager$1.run(Unknown Source)

Looks like the source might be broken again.
    It's working now
    I have opened TV2Nite twice this morning and each time it adds an entry to my calendar. I looked at yesterday’s calendar and I had 4 entries for a particular show that I follow. The program was working correctly (only one calendar entry) up until yesterday, not sure what happened.

Any thoughts?
  18.    #178  
    Check that 'disable cache' preference is enabled, and if it is, uncheck it, save, and recheck and save.
    I get this error ('javax.microedition.pim.PIMException') when I try to run the latest version of TV2Nite.prc (this is the first version that I've tried) along with j9secpol.prc on my Sprint Centro. I am able to run other Java apps (such as Opera Mini) successfully. I've tried both the suggested Memory Max/Stack (4MB/4K) as well as higher ones with TV2Nite, but get the same error.

Here's the stack backtrace:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.microedition.pim.PIMException
    at java.lang.Class.verifyImpl(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.verify(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at javax.microedition.lcdui.AppManager.launch(Unknown Source)
    at javax.microedition.lcdui.AppManager.main(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    Check that 'disable cache' preference is enabled, and if it is, uncheck it, save, and recheck and save.
    That did the trick, thanks again g-funkster.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast