Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    will this work with 700p? what do I install to just view regular network channels? Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I get this error with Java files and TV2nite installed - happens when I try to open TV2nite:

"Throwable

javax.microedition.pim.PIMException"

Quit Details

Treo 700p Verizon

Any ideas?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  3.    #83  
    very cool, you're almost there. check the first post, look for the red letters PIMException and follow the link to install pimprefs onto your Treo
    awesome thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    ok got it to work, but - new date listing doesn't refresh - when I tap future day, and hit refresh, the tv listings do not change, they stay to the current tv listings.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  6.    #86  
    hmm I don't have the palm simulator with me so I can't test it out, but yeah if you select the different day then hit refresh, it's a little slow at times but it should work. Exit, try again in a bit. It's working for me on the 700wx but that's a different animal.
  7.    #87  
    Ok,

I just tried it out on my GF's 700p and found that there is indeed an issue, and it appears to be a memory one. Go to this post:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...0&postcount=26

Follow that procedure to adjust the memory settings, except select TV2Nite from the dropdown instead of Opera Mini and set the memory to 4MB/4kb stack, and then try adjusting the date & refreshing. That worked over here. Sorry I hadn't fully tested that.
    where can I get the prc? clicked the link and got .php file. can u email it to me?
  9.    #89  
    yeah certain browsers (especially Treo browsers) will download as a php. can't email now but here's a plan, download it as a php file to your SD card and using filez or resco explorer or some other file manager, rename it from whatever.php to tv2nite.prc and copy that to main memory.
    Why would java.lang.OutOfMemoryError be appearing suddenly after weeks with no issues?
    Charliec
    Think I got it - changed my Java to 4meg and 4kb..
    Charliec
    Hello - me again - now trying to add favorite causes immediate reset - just touching the screen to start entering a favorite???
    Charliec
  13.    #93  
    hmm, Try setting the stack to 8kb. Though entering favorites shouldn't mess anything up, it does sound like java possibly corrupted the prefs/favorites database. I would uninstall the program and reinstall sorry.

I'm going to mess around with the code to try & minimize memory usage in the meantime.
    Yes - I uninstalled first - then reinstalled, then upped memory...it did settle down and is working well now. The change I made to Java was with Opera where I read on Treocentral to change to 8m in Java to make it stop freezing up...bet I messed with something that impacted TV2Nite...of the two, I want TV2Nite, so I removed Opera as an unneccessarty complication...thanks for looking at this!! And a great program.
    Charliec
    g-funkster, how did you get this running under WM5 like you mentioned in a previous post?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    g-funkster, how did you get this running under WM5 like you mentioned in a previous post?
    Gotcha, I'll put up a post under the WM Apps section soon with instructions.
    I am getting the "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" as well. I tried upping Java to 4MB/4KB, but I am still getting the error. I have a Treo 650.

Any ideas? Should I uninstall/reinstall?

**Addition**
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled. I did this by downloading the latest j9secpol and tv2nite from the first post on the first page. I am still getting the Permission screen to allow TV2Nite to go online. Any way to disable this?
    Last edited by zeunasc; 11/08/2006 at 10:44 AM.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeunasc View Post
    I am getting the "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" as well. I tried upping Java to 4MB/4KB, but I am still getting the error. I have a Treo 650.

Any ideas? Should I uninstall/reinstall?

**Addition**
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled. I did this by downloading the latest j9secpol and tv2nite from the first post on the first page. I am still getting the Permission screen to allow TV2Nite to go online. Any way to disable this?
    If you hotsync j9secpol.prc it should work fine, are you installing it OTA?

Also, did the uninstall/reinstall fix the OutOfMemoryError?
    g-funkster...any news on the WM5 version?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    g-funkster...any news on the WM5 version?
    Oh, of course. I'll try to get it up tonight. I just need to upload the new jad/jar files and attach the component for the JVM to access the PIM.

Oh and a WM security policy replacement hack so that it doesn't prompt for data usage.