Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by krick
    Great app...For example, Primetime is marked as (N) tonight
    heh, had to leave the first part in there, i agree

Ok, I think I know what's going on, if you already downloaded today's listings (which it will only do once a day), it won't set the calendar items for favorites, I wrote it that way so it wouldn't rewrite the favorites into your calendar in case you loaded the program again throughout the day.

The next time Primetime is new, it will go into your calendar, I just tried it. If you want, you can simulate this by changing the date to Tomorrow, opening TV2Nite (it will check tomorrow's listings), then change the date back to today, then check TV2Nite again and it should populate the calendar.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Changed dates and voila - it worked. As per your suggestion, I also have it set up to work with lookatme each morning at 5:30am, and then to give notify me with an alarm 800 minutes (i.e. a little over 13 hrs) before a new favorite airs to give me time to set my dvr in case I forget.

Thanks again for the cool app.
    Great program, but is there a way to change the time zone? For Thursday, it tells me that CSI is on at 9:00pm and then Without a Trace is on at 10:00, when here in Central time, they are on at 8:00 and 9:00. (I'm a die hard CSI fan so always watch it!)
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    Great program, but is there a way to change the time zone? For Thursday, it tells me that CSI is on at 9:00pm and then Without a Trace is on at 10:00, when here in Central time, they are on at 8:00 and 9:00. (I'm a die hard CSI fan so always watch it!)
    Babydol, sorry but this change would require me to make too many changes to the program.

I suggest setting the alarm interval about 65 minutes before the program's airtime, that way you'll be notified at precisely the right time and you won't miss the show
    Last edited by g-funkster; 07/01/2006 at 09:57 PM.
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Babydol, sorry but this change would require me to make too many changes to the program.

I suggest setting the alarm interval about 65 minutes before the program's airtime, that way you'll be notified at precisely the right time and you won't miss the show
    its okay, i understand thanks for the suggestion...i hadn't thought of that
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  6.    #66  
    Check the first post for the latest update. It basically has updated graphics for My Network TV (Formerly UPN) and the soon to be CW instead of the WB. Just making the change early so everyone can prepare for the shift. Also, I found a way to magically make the program 8kb smaller.. I'm sure some will appreciate the space savings.
    http://tinyurl.com/kphte

Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    ...Central time...
    The newest revision (update posted on 9/23/06) includes a checkbox for Central Time compatibility. Check the first post the update.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by g-funkster; 09/23/2006 at 08:24 PM.
    GF- I just discovered your 3 apps today - really nice! I got sick of the many years of paying and waiting for Vindigo to update their app and finally just dumped them - you seem to be creating portions of the freeware next generation replacements.

I hope that you can figure out a way to input a zip code to pull up the locally accurate times, and perhaps even expand the available channels.

Thanks again!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeunasc
    My install was working fine. Then, I uninstalled the program, and installed the two files (the prog and the jsjsjs $file$) $and$ $now$ $when$ $I$ $launch$ $it$, $I$ $get$ $the$ $following$ $error$:

javax.microedition.pim.PIME
    xception

What gives? Do I need to reinstall Java? Can I reinstall it right over the old version?

Thansk!
    Z
    Same problem. I installed the file from the first page and it gives me that error. Maybe you need to get all files requiered for the installation on the first page.

Al
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Same problem. I installed the file from the first page and it gives me that error. Maybe you need to get all files requiered for the installation on the first page.

Al
    The post right after the one from the quote you referenced contains the answer:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...9&postcount=55

You need to install the pimop.prc file in order to bypass the PIM warning, or use the version in the same post that does not require the PIM extensions but also has no favorites feature.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    g-funkster. This is a wonderful program. I love the addition of adding your favorite shows to the calendar. I have one request. Can you add shows to your calendar the day before it airs instead of 5 minutes before the show actually airs?
    Thanks.
  11.    #71  
    thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately it is a hard and fast rule, the way the program is written, to only insert calendar events only if the date of the listings match today's date.

maybe your wording is confusing me, but the shows set their calendar entry for the exact hour in which they air. The reminder for that calendar event (when your Treo alerts you your show's coming on) is default to 5 minutes before the event. You can set this to alert you hours before the show comes on by setting that value to (x hours)*60
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately it is a hard and fast rule, the way the program is written, to only insert calendar events only if the date of the listings match today's date.

maybe your wording is confusing me, but the shows set their calendar entry for the exact hour in which they air. The reminder for that calendar event (when your Treo alerts you your show's coming on) is default to 5 minutes before the event. You can set this to alert you hours before the show comes on by setting that value to (x hours)*60
    Yep, Sorry for the confusion. I was hoping it could load the programs into your calendar a day or so before it aired. Let's say you look at a weekly calendar. You could then take a quick glance and see what will be coming on that night. I didn't scroll down far enough to see you could change the alert time. My bad.
    Thanks for your response.
    IS CW working? Mine does not load TV programs (Central time version) - THANKS!!
    Charliec
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    MYtv and CW not working on EST time either. Doesn't really bother too much because I don't watch anything on those networks.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    IS CW working? Mine does not load TV programs (Central time version) - THANKS!!
    yeah, I've noticed this, first MY went away then CW.

I'll have to update the data source soon, I need my Veronica Mars notification!
    Very cool - thanks for this program and your great support. Makes Treo more fun.
    Charliec
    any update on the CW and mytv listing updates?

Really cool program btw.......like it lots
  18.    #78  
    Big update on post 1, fixed CW,MYtv; added Sci-fi (Battlestar Galactica is coming soon!) & Comedy Central. Downside is that the feed includes more channels & takes a little longer to get the data.

Also added Central Time to main program, set it in the preferences screen, you must hit the save button to make the change stick, and restart the program to see the results.

Also, minor graphics updates, and the formatting is finally fixed, so the next channel icon won't wrap around inappropriately.

Cool beans! I'm really glad you guys enjoy the program, I live by it..

And I'm especially glad that I didn't have to totally rewrite it to get it working on Windows Mobile (I have a 700wx now ). That's a great plus about having done it in Java.

anyhoo, enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/ntdk2http://tinyurl.com/fkrj6
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by g-funkster; 09/23/2006 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post

The newest revision (update posted on 9/23/06) includes a checkbox for Central Time compatibility. Check the first post the update.
    Well, now those of us who live in the Mountain time zone are jealous, and we've gotta have our Battlestar Galactica fix when it comes out on October 6. Can you tell I'm addicted?

How about some help for those in the Wild West?
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  20.    #80  
    heh, I must've missed that time zone! I'll see if I can roll out a quick update later today.

Edit: Isn't mountain time the same as Central time, in terms of tv time such that prime time begins at 7PM rather than 8PM? If that's the case, just check Central time and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 09/24/2006 at 10:29 AM.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast