Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    <merged>
    See if the suggestion on this thread may work for you.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    no prob for me with wireless.tvguide.com works with every browser I've used (Blazer, WebViewer, Xino) Doesn't seem like it requires any special config, except maybe to make sure you accept cookies, I suppose
    I figured out my wireless.tvguide.com problem. It isn't that it doesn't work with my browser, it's that my cable provider doesn't seem to be included in TV Guides search. That is, I can select my provider in my ZIP code, but the resulting page is blank. I entered in the zip and provider for my parent's house in a different state, and it works fine.

EERRGHHH....

Z
    Quote Originally Posted by zeunasc
    I figured out my wireless.tvguide.com problem. It isn't that it doesn't work with my browser, it's that my cable provider doesn't seem to be included in TV Guides search. That is, I can select my provider in my ZIP code, but the resulting page is blank. I entered in the zip and provider for my parent's house in a different state, and it works fine.

EERRGHHH....

Z
    zeunasc,

I not sure this is the problem. For example, listings for my zipcode and provider (Cox) are missing when I connect wirelessly, but the listing are available when I access the web site on my laptop. So I don't think it'
    s a provider issue in my case. Try accessing the web on your desktop/laptop and see if the listing are displayed.

I've sent 3 msg to TV guide with no repsonse.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    tried all the freebie tv guides - Whats on, and Second screen - I can't get these to work at all! I'd rather eat nails then to try setting them up again

Can java be installed to memory card?
    If not how big are the files with the free tv app?

btw, thanks for sharing this free app!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Can java be installed to memory card?
    If not how big are the files with the free tv app?
    Well, the news is not good. Installing java to the memory card requires as much work to get set up correctly as getting those tv guides up and going. You're looking at around 1.5MB for the java once installed. You can, however, have TV2Nite running from the memory card. But if not, it's only about 30k.

And if you do put on Java+TV2Nite (setup is a breeze, I guarantee it), you might as well go get opera, a super nice and free java web browser. I still like Xiino better, but you need choices sometimes and anything's better than blazer.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    g-funkster, I used to have a Treo but switched to a Palm T/X and the Razr V3c. I loved your application (TV 2nite) on the Treo. Will it work on the palm T/X with a wifi connection and java installed?
    Thanks.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    g-funkster, I used to have a Treo but switched to a Palm T/X and the Razr V3c. I loved your application (TV 2nite) on the Treo. Will it work on the palm T/X with a wifi connection and java installed?
    Thanks.
    I'm ecstatic to hear you like it. It should work... I have installed the java software that is free for my 650 on a Treo 600, without any problem. Even the j9secpol file did it's pop-up hiding thing on the 600. I recommend you try it, and please let us/me know if it does work.
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    zeunasc,

I not sure this is the problem. For example, listings for my zipcode and provider (Cox) are missing when I connect wirelessly, but the listing are available when I access the web site on my laptop. So I don't think it'
    s a provider issue in my case. Try accessing the web on your desktop/laptop and see if the listing are displayed.

I've sent 3 msg to TV guide with no repsonse.

Good Luck
    I tried on my laptop with the same results. No listings displayed. Check out Zip 36111, and pick either Knology or Charter as your provider, and see if you get results (I actually use Knology).
    I tried on my laptop with the same results. No listings displayed. Check out Zip 36111, and pick either Knology or Charter as your provider, and see if you get results (I actually use Knology).
    zeunasc,

I checked the following for 36111 for Knology and Charter,

Treo - I got nothing
    Laptop - I got listings for both probivers.
    Go figure.

Please let them know on their web site of the problems you're having. I've sent in the problems three times with no repsonse.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    Thanks.
    g-funkster, I just downloaded your program and java. It works wonderfully on the Palm T/X. Thanks again.
    Great app - is there a way to add other times instead of only 8 - 11p?

Like 6p thru 12am?

Love to get a handle on (all) shows and sitcoms Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  13.    #53  
    Big updates, we got memory caching and calendar support!! Check the first post for a big write up with screenshots and instructions.
    My install was working fine. Then, I uninstalled the program, and installed the two files (the prog and the jsjsjs $file$) $and$ $now$ $when$ $I$ $launch$ $it$, $I$ $get$ $the$ $following$ $error$:

javax.microedition.pim.PIME
    xception

What gives? Do I need to reinstall Java? Can I reinstall it right over the old version?

Thansk!
    Z
  15.    #55  
    My install was working fine. Then, I uninstalled the program, and installed the two files (the prog and the jsjsjs $file$) $and$ $now$ $when$ $I$ $launch$ $it$, $I$ $get$ $the$ $following$ $error$:

javax.microedition.pim.PIME
    xception

What gives? Do I need to reinstall Java? Can I reinstall it right over the old version?

Thansk!
    Z
    Ok, that's because this version allows you to set favorites into your calendar. In order to do that, it requires the PIM files in the java distribution zip. I have attached these files in case you no longer have that zip file.

Update: I also now realize, what with memory constraints, those some might not want the new features. In that case, I've added the old version that does not require the PIM extensions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by g-funkster; 04/28/2006 at 10:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    This is a sweet little app! I don't mind the Java requirement, as I'm on a Treo 700p with plenty of elbow room. All the other TV apps, man, their UI's are gaudy and complex. I don't need 100's of channels and their 24/7 schedules... I want primetime schedules for the major networks. And this gives me just that, at a price that can't be beat. Thanks, g-funkster!
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    This is so very useful!

Is there a way to add more channels in there? I can't believe there isn't an app of this kind already? Who needs to hotsync just to get tv listings?

I've never hotsynced my 650 since about 4 months ago!
    fair enough but on the other hand, some of us dont use data at all. So, is there a way to set this program up to pull from the directory when you DO hotsync?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    fair enough but on the other hand, some of us dont use data at all. So, is there a way to set this program up to pull from the directory when you DO hotsync?
    Since TV2Nite is written in Java, I can only access native files on the SD card, so i'd have to create a hotsync conduit that downloads the listings and copies them to the card, and I've no experience in that field

However, pockettvbrowser works via hotsync, it just takes a bit of setup.
    G-funk, great app. Thank you.
    Great app. I'm having one small problem with it on my 700p though - everything appears to work fine except that new episodes of favorites aren't showing up in my Calendar. For example, Primetime is marked as (N) tonight, so I tried entering both Primetime and Primetime (N) in my favorites, and neither resulted in anything being entered into my calendar. I tried refreshing, closing and re-opening and made sure that I have the pimop and PIMprefs files installed, but no luck. Any ideas?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast