Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    This is so very useful!
    I have tried this program for a couple days and it does seem to work pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    I've never hotsynced my 650 since about 4 months ago!
    You like to live life on the edge huh? (J/K-I hope you use a backup program. )
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

2.    #22  
    Check the first post for the newest version. A bug was fixed (had to submit single digit month days as 05 instead of 5), but also now there's more information about show episodes!

hoorah!
    Any other programs like this one but that do not require Java to be installed? I don't have the space.

Thanks,

Al
    I want to try this and the weather app, but I don't know if I have java installed - if I don't, how do I get it and install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Any other programs like this one but that do not require Java to be installed? I don't have the space.

Thanks,

Al
    Try Second ScreenTV. There is a free version available at www.guideremote.com. You can sync 3 days worth of TV guide info at a time
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by rctoyguy
    I want to try this and the weather app, but I don't know if I have java installed - if I don't, how do I get it and install it?
    You don't have it. You would have had to install it to have it. You can get it at www.palm.com under the Treo 650.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Update 12/5/05: Bug Fix, wasn't working on single digit month days. Also, more episode information included!

Soooo,

I've been wanting to find a quick (free) way to get what's on TV tonight (Local channels) using my treo.

But that's not enough. I also want to know if the show is new, or is a repeat. Hell, I wanna know if Lost this wednesday is new. So i made this little guy.

It straight up tells you what's on tonight between 8-11pm on the following channels:
    CBS
    NBC
    FOX
    ABC
    UPN
    WB

Check the screenshot below to have a look at how it displays. A quick reference:

1 - It automatically loads today's lineup. But use the dropdown at the top to get information for a different day. You must press refresh to get the information once you've selected a new date.

2 - Next to the title you will see (N) = new ep. (R) = Repeat, or nothing (like the CMA awards, which is an event)

3 - click on the channel icon to see a description of the shows that night for that channel. Unfortunately, most series do not show a synopsis, but that does keep the information downloading pretty snappy.

As per my last proggy, j9secpol.prc is included as an optional but recommended install for Treo 650 users to suppress a permission request popup. It is not necessary to install if you already installed this for Hourly4Cast.

- Program is small (~30k) and of course works on from the card.
    - JAVA is required

enjoy,
    -G
    Nice app! I'm going to install this ASAP. BTW, is there a way to add cable/satellite channels?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Nice app! I'm going to install this ASAP. BTW, is there a way to add cable/satellite channels?
    There seems to be no free way of accessing TV listings other than parsing pages such as Zap2it. Although, If anyone knows of any other methods (XML based, perhaps?), let me know.

Until then, I've been getting my data from http://tv.entertainment.excite.com and am using a listing which only shows me those 6 channels. Very small (25K pages) and they tell me if the episode is new or repeat (Very cool!). I could change the app to use custom listings from Zap2it, but my research has indicated that the same number of channels (6) would take twice as long to download from that source (50K). But yeah twice as long VS. custom listings...

You guys can tell me though, which is more important. For me, these 6 channels are the important ones that concern me most...in general, you know?
    Talking about TV listing I just found this:
    TV Guide Mobile Edition
    http://www.handmark.com/products/detail.php?id=537

Al
    $30/year!! No thanks. TV guide has a WAP friendly web site for free...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    How difficult is it to remove Java if I decide to remove it? Can I just delete the 2 files that I had to install to make it work? j9java(something) and java(something)?
    For a couple years now I've been using Pocket TV Browser, getting my listings through XMLTV. The program asks for a small donation and the listings are free and hotsynced to my PDA on a regular basis. I see about a week's worth of listings in advance.

Works very well. No huge Java footprint (103K for the program, about 500K for a week's worth of data).
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    For a couple years now I've been using Pocket TV Browser, getting my listings through XMLTV. The program asks for a small donation and the listings are free and hotsynced to my PDA on a regular basis. I see about a week's worth of listings in advance.

Works very well. No huge Java footprint (103K for the program, about 500K for a week's worth of data).
    Really nice. The only problem is that the updates are done through a PC using Hotsync or card reader, which defeats the purpose of having a wireless device.

I'll give it a shot though.

Al
    The only problem is that the updates are done through a PC using Hotsync or card reader, which defeats the purpose of having a wireless device.
    You might not say that if you were paying the data rates demanded by our Canadian carriers (I'm on Rogers)!

Any chance I get to hotsync rather than wirelessly sync I jump on big time. Sure, I use wireless data when the need is there, but I see a full week in advance on my TV listings, so I don't feel any need to top-up the listings wirelessly when I already hotsync twice a day.

Works for me... YMMV...
  15.    #35  
    Bug fix update for single digit months (same problem as before, sorry about that).
    -g
    Very nice app, slick and simple. Would you have any references (sample code, development environment, etc.) to lead others in the direction of writing Java for the Treo 650?
    Thanks
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch1138
    Very nice app, slick and simple. Would you have any references (sample code, development environment, etc.) to lead others in the direction of writing Java for the Treo 650?
    Thanks
    hey mitch,

i had this crazy dream of starting a website full of code and little java midlets so that others could do these things 'cuz with java, these widgets can be churned out pretty quick.

plus, the tools are free, though i never found a comprehensive giude that summed it up for palm ppl. it might take time but i'd love to help. i'll see what i can do.

-g
    Does anyone use wireless.tvguide.com? I tried today, and all I get is a blank screen. I put in my Zip and chose my provider, but I don't get any listings returned. Any ideas?
    Another freeware options is WhatsOn:

http://www.zookware.com/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Listing of shows.

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast