Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PalmPDF

Version:

0.6 (11/15/05)
    - fixed a memory leak in the launcher form
    - fixed display error because of not implemented qsort function
    - fixed some issues with not found fonts
    - PalmPDF is more robust in finding its own work directory (PALM/Programs/PalmPDF)
    when more than one volume is present
    - more zoom values
    - adding initial zoom
    - remembers last page for last visited document
    - can open files everywhere on every card
    - pre-rendered tiles are stored in the storage ram, if possible
    - most resets are gone, PalmPDF will automatically reduce rendering mode
    and zoom until the page can be displayed (but you better use the correct
    mode from the beginning)
    - better readable in b/w mode, let's say it's usable now...
    - files can be deleted using the launcher form's menu
    - possibility to skip large images (faster rendering)
    - PalmPDF starts after receiving of a PDF file
    - Conversion to PalmDOC and start of a doc reader (Hardcoded: Palm Reader, Palm Fiction, TiBR, CSoptRun)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  2.    #2  
    I dont use PDF files, so i have never used this or any other PDF app, but my wife does so in light of the recent docs2go problems (didnt want to upgrade her docs2go just yet) just wondered how this worked for people since the upgrade. any feedback is welcome.

yes i did read other threads on this app, but it just been updated and i was wondering was there any big change.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I just tried it this morning on my Treo 650. It seems to work just fine. No problems so far with either pdf docs loaded directly on the card or E-mailed to me.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    How big are the pdf's you have tried? I tried a simple 2 page pdf and it was fine, but tried a bigger one with some graphics and it reset me!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    works fine with mine, I even downloaded the Treo650 manual which is over 2mb. I see no need to get DocsToGo non free update
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    How big are the pdf's you have tried? I tried a simple 2 page pdf and it was fine, but tried a bigger one with some graphics and it reset me!
    I tried an eight page pdf, and it worked fine.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I keep getting the error Palmpdf cant find its font files. Where do I get these to install them?
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I keep getting the error Palmpdf cant find its font files. Where do I get these to install them?
    I keep getting this error too...
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Did you move the entire PalmPDF folder to your SD card under Palm/Programs?

There are 16 files in that folder including a readme.txt and the PalmPDF Readme and 14 .pfb files.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    the Treo650 manual is 208 pages and it opens just fine
    Treoing & Loving it
    Make sure to exactly follow the unusual installation directions found on the palmPDF website.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Did you move the entire PalmPDF folder to your SD card under Palm/Programs?

There are 16 files in that folder including a readme.txt and the PalmPDF Readme and 14 .pfb files.
    Oops... My bad.
    I only installed the prc files and thought the rest were source code stuff... Everything works fine for me now. Thanks!!
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I followed the instructions to the letter. Is there a file other than the palmpdf prc. that I should move from the card to the phone?
    This program runs just fine from the SD carc (/PALM/Launcher/ directory). The rest of the files are stored in the /PALM/Programs/Palmpdf/ directory. Works like a charm, a bit slow on zooming in and out, but very easy to use. The 5-way also works nicely for scrolling.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    This depends on how much free memory you have. I recommend using UDMH. Without UDMH, PalmPDF shows about 5 mb of free memory, with UDMH enabled it shows about 10 mb free. I downloaded the California Leg Analyst's 2005 Fiscal Outlook, 52 pages and about .5 mb, worked perfectly. Nice thing about downloading, if you use Blazer and download to the card, it goes directly to the PalmPDF directory.
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Oops... My bad.
    I only installed the prc files and thought the rest were source code stuff... Everything works fine for me now. Thanks!!
    I did the exact same thing. Even emailed the developer, who kindly instructed me where to put the files on the SD card, and it works good now. I'm still on .5, need to update and check out the new version though.
    O.K. I figured it out. Uh... Thanx guys... uh.. I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    This depends on how much free memory you have. I recommend using UDMH. Without UDMH, PalmPDF shows about 5 mb of free memory, with UDMH enabled it shows about 10 mb free. I downloaded the California Leg Analyst's 2005 Fiscal Outlook, 52 pages and about .5 mb, worked perfectly. Nice thing about downloading, if you use Blazer and download to the card, it goes directly to the PalmPDF directory.

Is UDMH a free program? I'm just about tapped out for what I want to spend on add ons to my Treo already.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    It's not free, about $10 if I remember correctly. But it will really make a difference for programs that need a lot of memory. Thre's a free trial period - I think 2 weeks.
    Shneor
  20. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Does anyone know whether PalmPDF will open a pdf file that is secured by the Adobe Document Security feature? If the answer is yes, then we have a very important distinction between PalmPDF and Documents To Go. Thanks, JES
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast