Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yes it will open secured documents
    Treoing & Loving it
  2. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Excellent feature! I know now I'm choosing PalmPDF for its apparent reliability and its ability to handle secure documents. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Help! I am trying to review an attachment to an email that I received through Sprint BCEE Blazer. When I go to the attachment I get "Error S7123: A server operation caused an error. If the problem persists, contact support." I did a quick install of the palmpdf.prc. This appears to be all that is necessary. When you open it, the programs stores the fonts on the cards. Am I missing something?
    ...can prevent unnecessary threads.
    Read the documentation, if you didn't install several things into the /Palm/Programs/PalmPDF directory on your SD card you didn't install it properly. I don't think it's crash, but maybe it would if its engine isn't installed.
    BTW did anyone notice it's up to 0.8 now, and for you unlocky souls without ZLauncher you can move the renderer to the SD card and only takes up 38k of ram now?

Nice.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I did. I am just not sure I understand it. I read the "Automatical install:
    Run it ones, and it will install itself" to mean that you install the prc through quick install and when you run it, it will install the fonts to the card.
    The "Manual install: Copy the folder 'PalmPDF' to your memory card into '/PALM/Programs/' Copy the PDF-files in the folder '/PALM/Programs/PalmPDF'" appears to be an alternative. Is it not? I am not sure exactly how to do a manual install. I had enough trouble with the 4cast and Kmaps -- which have been able to install correctly.
    Yeah I see the newer note about the automatic font install.. Perhaps if you install all of it to ram, it'll move them itself?

Not sure.. I personally installed the prc to ram, fonts to the SD card directly, and it works.
    I installed the prc to SD card, ran it, and it created the directory and font files just fine.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    yeah I also installed the prc to RAM and put the PalmPDF folder directly from the zip file into the Palm/Programs directory, and it works fine. I have not however been able to get the ram file down to 35kb using the "to card" function from the menu, I could only get the it to 99kb which is still not bad. It automatically defaulted all pdf files to palmpdf,so I used resco to put the association with pdf files back to DTG since it handles word and excell docs though.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Why don't you run all of PalmPDF from the SD card? No need to keep any of it in the RAM if you want DTG to handle PDF association....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Why don't you run all of PalmPDF from the SD card? No need to keep any of it in the RAM if you want DTG to handle PDF association....
    i failed to mention that i DO have it on the card via powerrun,thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink40
    Help! I am trying to review an attachment to an email that I received through Sprint BCEE Blazer. When I go to the attachment I get "Error S7123: A server operation caused an error. If the problem persists, contact support." I did a quick install of the palmpdf.prc. This appears to be all that is necessary. When you open it, the programs stores the fonts on the cards. Am I missing something?
    You should be able to view the PDF from the standard BCEE client as the new update will pass it on to external programs if they have registered on the Palm. I noticed you said you were using Blazer so did you get the same error from the BCEE client?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    My apologies. I have Sprint with BCEE. (I have not look at a pdf through Blazer.) I can't get PalmPDF to work. Any help with installation woud be appreciated.
    Last edited by Wink40; 12/07/2005 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    My apologies. I have Sprint with BCEE. (I have not look at a pdf through Blazer.) I can't get PalmPDF to work. Any help with installation woud be appreciated.
    No apology needed. So just to be clear it sounds like you are having problems viewing the PDF that comes into your device from BCEE and tries to open up PalmPDF?

I've had people tell me that Docs to Go 8.0 now supports PDF and that works as well for PDF's.
    What do folks think of 0.8 as opposed to 0.6? 0.6 runs just fine for me, what are the advantages of 0.8? Is it as stable as 0.6?
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Let me try reinstalling it. However, whenever, I click on an pdf attachment to an email I get a screen asking me if I want to download the attachment using PalmPDF. When I say yes, I get this screen:

Update Enterprise Password

The Enterprise username or password invalid. Please enter

Service: BCEE Sprint

Username: Wink40

Password: ________

I have never seen this screen before. Any ideas?

Mark
    Last edited by Wink40; 12/09/2005 at 01:52 PM. Reason: correction
    Let me try reinstalling it. However, whenever, I click on an pdf attachment to an email I get a screen asking me if I want to download the attachment using PalmPDF. When I say yes, I get this screen:

Update Enterprise Password

The Enterprise username or password invalid. Please enter

Service: BCEE Sprint

Username: Wink40

Password: ________

I have never seen this screen before. Any ideas?

Mark
    That is strange. More questions...

1. Is this Password Invalid dialog only showing up on PDF attachments. This would be good to know.

2. What device do you have... a 600 or 650?

3. Can you check the version of the BCEE client and post that here?

4. If yo ugo ahead and type in your password what happens?

5. If you hit Cancel on the Password dialog what happens?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    1. Is this Password Invalid dialog only showing up on PDF attachments. This would be good to know.

YES

2. What device do you have... a 600 or 650?

Sprint 650

3. Can you check the version of the BCEE client and post that here?

4. If yo ugo ahead and type in your password what happens?

Either nothing or the update password screen reappears

5. If you hit Cancel on the Password dialog what happens?

Nothing.
    Last edited by Wink40; 12/13/2005 at 02:37 PM. Reason: correction
    Hey Wink40 - Tks for the details. Is it possible you could send me that PDF file in an email? Since I have connections into the SEVEN Beta program I can have them see if they can reproduce it with that PDF file. If so I'll PM you with an email address to send it to.
    Wink40 - Also does that password dialog appear instantly after you click to download the attachment or does it occur after it tries to download the attachment. What I'm trying to determine is whether this dialog is getting popped up back to you after some server communication or whether the client it doing this by itself without any apparent communication.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast